1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Astros @ Yankees

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 4, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

Not even close.

jiggyfly, Astrodome, BigM and 4 others like this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

This series reminds me of the 6 pitcher no hitter at Yankee Stadium. We may have lost 2 of 3 in that series but getting that no no was well worth it.

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Is that someone wearing a Rice jersey in the background...? Rice really should have fought to keep ownership of Yankee Stadium...

Hank McDowell likes this.
  4. dream_team

dream_team Member

Not a baseball coach in any sense... but I've been thinking what's the correct play here.
    • Infield on a shift to the right
    • Ball hit up the middle and fielded by the SS.
    • Since on a shift, 3B covers 2.
    You would think, as soon as 3B goes to cover 2, someone needs to hurry and cover 3. Who should that be? Pitcher? Catcher?

Pressly is looking at Correa, waiting for him to throw the ball to him. Maybe he's thinking Maldonado is already covering 3?

I'm thinking 3 is Pressly's responsibility on that play, but he tried to make a play on the ball. Even if after he failed to field the ball, he immediately ran to cover 3, he would have been too late.

So I'm assuming Pressly is thinking, "give him 3", not knowing that Maldy left home.

5. msn

msn Member

My general comments:
    - Altuve still my favorite Astro
    - NYC is an amazing city
    - Amazingly, NYY fans are the toilet of MLB
    - I hate the Yankees, mostly because of their trash fanbase

awc713 and cmlmel77 like this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Well, at least we won one game. Lol. Good win though, seriously. Wish we could have shut them up a little better in their own stadium, but we had won 3 straight series until this one.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This could be a springboard game. Similar to the Springer game in Arlington a few years back.

8. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

these are all correct takes. Personally, I would amend two:
    - NYC is an amazing city [, but dirty and nowhere near as unique as its residents believe it is]
    - I hate the Yankees, mostly b/c of their trash fanbase [and the media’s relentless bias]

msn and awc713 like this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yes they should have. Maybe the coolest, most unknown piece of Houston sports trivia out there.

10. SuraGotMadHops

For sure, Altuve is a straight up class act and handled that homer much better than I would have. I would've been Carl Everett pointing and crotch grabbing all the way around the bases.

What's extra sweet is the pitch itself that Altuve took yard, right up at eye level. It just further shows Altuve is a super elite hitter and does not need to know signs or pitches. Vindication.

msn, awc713, punkoholic and 3 others like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Right, he’s way classier than I would have been.

I told my wife I might get in some trouble when Yanks come to town. I plan on being absolutely petty as **** along the 3rd base line.

12. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I would have done the don't rip my jersey off thing but proceed to rip it off myself. Maybe have a 2017 World Series championship shirt underneath. Proceed to blow kisses to the crowd. Go to the dugout but come back out and tip my hat.

13. dream_team

dream_team Member

I think it was Blummer that mentioned on the broadcast... "I think any other player would have come out for a curtain call." Could definitely see Bregman doing that.

punkoholic likes this.
  14. the shark

the shark Member

So before the series Correa is popping off about the Yankees pitching being "soft". Ok great...sounds good...like hearing him talk some smack but than he proceeds to go 0 for 12 with an rbi.

Alright than.

15. ImG

ImG Member

Gotta look at the sources now a days man, think that was a satire piece.

Rock Block and texans1095 like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

you actually thought that was real quotes lmao. people really do fall for anything

awc713 and marks0223 like this.
  17. awc713

awc713 Member

18. the shark

the shark Member

My friend mentioned it to me and he's pretty reliable. Guess this one got by him and I definitely feel the need to confirm the quote. Thanks for letting me know.

19. the shark

the shark Member

Honest mistake as I believed what my good friend said. That said, as always, you're still a PR%^K!!

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

ya[​IMG]