1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Yankees

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 4, 2021.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

So, maybe Garrett Stubbs at some point? I know he’s not great, but he’s only played like 30 something big league games ever and he’s not a kid anymore. How much worse could he be? Seems like maybe Maldonado could use some time off to get right again.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. right1

right1 Member

So, not one mention of Carlos Beltran or Alex Cora on that ESPN hatefest last night?

3. Landry's Tooth

I think it would be funny when the Yankees come to town all the fans have fake syringes and A-Roid signs.... "You think we forgot"?

Such hypocrites the Yankees clowns are... They haven't won a clean world series since the invention of the internet...

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Great, another Luis Garcia experience today...

5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Well of course not, that doesn't fit the narrative of the "revenge tour" that BSPN is touting. lol

right1 and STR8Thugg like this.
  6. Landry's Tooth

I wonder if this revenge the Yankees fans are in the mood for will include the Yankee batters who failed to average a single run on the road that series...

I get it, the sign stealing made Judge and Sanchez swing at balls 2 inches off the ground...

everyday eddie and edwardc like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Those signs thou lol i HOPE The astros payback in 2nd game. Last night error and bregman should of not thrown to 1st. That was really bad, cost the game. Hope the stros come back alive in game 2.

[​IMG]

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I want a blowout win so we can shut them up. They can curse at their own team.

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You don’t even need that....the yankees were doing the same sign stealing stuff as the Astros, they just did it longer

Rock Block likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It sounded like the infant room at a day care just before feeding time in Yankee stadium last night. A bunch of cry babies who lack any self-awareness whatsoever.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm going to say it because no one else seems to want too they cheated too alone with several other teams. So yankee fans and any other teams fans can go *uck themselves all the booing and trash can pictures don't mean a thing cause the ASTROS still won the ring.

12. dream_team

dream_team Member

Yes for Correa, but no for Marwin.

In 2017, Marwin had a better OPS, better BA, less K's and more BB's on the road.
    [​IMG]

13. dream_team

dream_team Member

Did Dusty explain why he took out Greinke after the 4th? Only at 84 pitches, and he was looking good after that awful 1st. Was he afraid of Greinke seeing the order a 3rd time in a row?

I didn't like this move. We simply don't have the bullpen to hold down the Yanks for 5 innings. Not to mention, puts our bullpen in a bad situation for the rest of the series.

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. dream_team

dream_team Member

On the Locked in Astros podcast, they had a Yankees podcaster on there. She admitted she already hated Altuve before even before the scandal. So yes, most of the hate stems from Altuve beating Judge for MVP and the walkoff in 2019.

TWS1986 likes this.
  15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Reminds me of Passion of the Christ.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

THAT'S THE SPIRIT I'M LOOKING FOR, KEITH!!!!!

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Greinke wasn’t having much success against the top of the order (mainly Lamehiue) and there is always concern when pitchers face the lineup for a 3rd time (Greinke included). He had already walked more batters than he normally does. It’s clear that he didn’t have a good feel of some of his pitches. Dusty preferred to start the inning fresh.

Bielek actuallly fared well enough that inning, can’t say the move really backfired. With a day off, he had pretty much everybody available in the bullpen. Was thinking he’d consider Emanuel against the lefties vs. Abreu, but what do I know...

jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  18. the shark

the shark Member

There's a good chance that Correa signs elsewhere after this season. That said if he signs with the Yankees after all this bull$*!t he's a PUNK!!!

Cole wasn't part of the '17 team.

19. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Maybe Correa signs with Yankees with an opt out. Gets some dirt(with evidence). Opt out, sign with Astros long term and reveal all the **** he found.

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He was fine after the first inning... Navas was gifted Yankees some great calls with balls/strikes