1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros World Champions

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 5, 2022.

1. astroa89

astroa89 Member

This is my first time on these boards. I have been following the Astros since I watched them with my grandmother growing up. She passed on in 2007 so she never got to see them win a world series. To see them grow into the dynasty they have become has been bittersweet. I know she would have loved to see them win two championships. I was thinking about her a lot yesterday watching them close the game out. Anyways, go Stros! Let's bring it back again to the H next year as well.

2. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

3. astroa89

astroa89 Member

I also can't think of a much more deserving manager than Dusty Baker to win the title. I was hyper critical of some of the decisions that were made in the world series in regards to pitching in games 1 and 3. I gladly will eat crow in the fact that he pulled all the right strings to close out this series in six. I will admit that I was wrong and had doubts if Dusty could win the big one. He definitely proved me and a lot of his other naysayers wrong this year. He is a heck of a manager and I hope he will return next year.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How long do the parades usually last? Wife and I get back into Houston tomorrow around noon.

5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

You won’t make it.. crowd is gonna be nuts.
    Tried going last time.. but didn’t give myself enough time and so was stuck blocks away from the parade route. Got sad and turned back lol .. gotta go at least 4-5 hours before it starts.. prob longer

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. AkeemTheDreem86

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ARE CHAMPIONS! GO STROS!

7. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

8. the shark

the shark Member

Love this post!!!

My dad was a HUGE fan of the Stros from the beginning of the franchise. He passed away in '16 (the year before they won their 1st WS).

Tears were flowing then (just like they were last night) because I know how happy they would have been to see how F'n BEAUTIFUL it all was.

Astroa89 Your grandmother (like my dad) is up there in Heaven smiling!! SO glad you posted here on Clutchfans. I know I speak for countless others here that I hope you continue to post here.

9. AkeemTheDreem86

Brevity is the soul of wit.

That dude is, in fact, a Champion.

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Thank God they closed it out in 6. Game 7 would have been without Yuli, Bregman, and also apparently Altuve. Oh and McCullers would have been the starting pitcher.

11. AB423

AB423 Member

RKREBORN and Rock Block like this.
  12. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

An incredible view of the last out from the pitcher’s mound…

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

We were thinking of driving down to Houston to attend. Trying to figure out this free metro crap going to park and ride from West side of town. But seems it might be a nightmare.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What was this tweet??

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Hey I used to watch a lot more baseball than I do now!

It's still LIT

Jontro likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For a lot of us who grew up in Houston seeing how great the Stros have been the last few years has been very sweet. As a kid playing ball on hot humid fields and watching teams struggle in the twilight of the Astrodome there were times I felt I would never see the Stros win a championship. When they got swept in 2005 and then the Killer B's era ended I couldn't imagine the Stros would come back this well.

I remember reading here on this board in 2017 how many people were sad that their fathers and other loved ones didn't get the chance to see the Stros finally win it. It shows how important sports can be and how much this team has mattered to this city.

Nook, RKREBORN, the shark and 2 others like this.
  19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

A bunch of people were still in the game thread when this first posted lol.

Jontro likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not said enough but this Phillies team was a damn good team. To come from the last team to make it to the Playoffs and to get to the WS how they did showed what a hot professional team they are. On paper and on the field the Stros were the superior team yet to still take game one, to shut out the Stros and score 7 runs in game three while keeping it close in games 2 and 6 weren't flukes.

DeadGato, Nook, joshuaao and 6 others like this.