1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This would all be easier to take had we won in '19 too. THAT team might go down as the greatest team to *not* win.

Also consider, that '22 team won 106 games with an awesome run-diff (+219) while they experienced their "luck".

The '24 Mariners and '23 Rangers are/were both maggots who are/were barely creeping/crept through.

Time will tell how long Seattle's luck lasts and how long the '24 Astros' misfortune continues. Yesterday was a complete microcosm of this season with the called-strike (a ball that wasn't even close) to Altuve and Framber's pitch that got Espada ejected. Offense can't score in part because injuries/DNPs and the Sox scoring all their runs on plays where they didn't get a hit. One was so bad, dude didn't even get an RBI (run-scoring DP).

Astros lose another game by 2 runs or less.

#301 Houstunna, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    everyday eddie likes this.
  2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

When does Texans training camp open??
    My summer evenings have just been cleared.

ROCKSS and Stephen66 like this.
  3. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Go google when training camp opens.

You don't post in this forum much -- your summer evenings have been cleared for years.

4. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get the correlation between the two.
    Just because one does not post daily does not mean that one is not checking out the board.
    And, yes I know when training camp is.

I'm sorry that I do not have time to hang out and make low budget memes multiple times daily.

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

You don't realize how much you contradicted your own words, do you?

Just bow out now, instead of making lame/illogical arguments.

Your foolishness will get dissected like a lawyer talking to a witness in court.

6. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Can you make a meme to explain it to me?
    Curious if you knew the initial post was based in humor??

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Picsart_24-06-19_06-05-54-136.jpg

Yeah... I know your initial post was sarcasm.

The problem is -- from judging your post history -- you don't seem a big fan to begin with.
    _____

Did you post in this thread?
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/official-astros-world-champions.317550/

Was your life too busy playing a guitar (props if you can play, instrument skills are pretty cool) and doing "other things"?

Busy man

#307 Houstunna, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

Radricky and jim1961 like this.
  9. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

High quality stuff.

You attack my fandom because I am not a serial poster?
    I have been on this board for 6 years, and on the now defunct old Astros board that went crazy for 7 years before that.
    I grew up in Kemah, spent just about every summer day when Stros were in town at AstroWorld during the day and over to the dome for games after that.

I'm sorry that my post per day metrics do not line up with what your analytics department deems a "Fan"

I do not play guitar, but I am a fan of:
    SRV
    Willie
    Mr George Strait
    Texans
    Astros
    T-Bone Tom's
    and Tookies

These are the memories I carry forward with me while residing in New York.
    I have worn an Astros jersey to Yankee stadium on several occasions,
    Not many on this board can make that claim.

htownrox1 and Houstunna like this.
  10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Didn't answer the question......... okay
    _____

Nobody has to be a serial poster to be deemed a "good/real" fan. Overall context/history within one's posts/actions matters whether in here specifically or in real life.

Enjoy Manhattan -- one of my favorite places. It's full of life.

11. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I'm actually upstate, Albany.
    Last time I was in the city was to take my son to see Radiohead at the Garden.

To answer your first question, I have no idea if I posted in that thread or not. Twas many a Fortnite ago, and I suspect I was still on the other forum back then. I wish I could remember the name.
    Does that disqualify me as a fan??

I have also never posted on the "Bullpen Usage" thread. Does that mean I hate the bull pen?
    I can guarantee you that I have read almost all threads on this forum from beginning to end.

Those who care to read my posts on this forum can attest that I interject when I feel like interjecting, I jest more than state facts. And never bite unless poked by others.

With that, I will say think of me what you will as far as fandom. Fandom is personal and ALL of US think we are huge fans.
    Enjoy your Juneteenth, and I look forward to engaging with you and others on this board for many years to come.

But if you are going to come after someone, I'm an odd choice.

One last thing. You stated this:
    Nobody has to be a serial poster to be deemed a "good/real" fan. Overall context/history within one's posts/actions matters whether in here specifically or in real life.

I'm curious what the criteria is to be a good/real fan?

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I think I hear the fat lady singing. It`s just not in the cards for us this year, we`ve had a great run and now I think it's time to be sellers at the deadline, lets retool and come back next year. IMO Tucker is the domino that gets it started, either sign him to a long-term contract and show the fans and the team he is the future along with Altuve, Pena and Alvarez or trade him. It doesn't seem like it now, but we have quality pitching albeit the majority of them are hurt and 2 won't be back until mid 2025. I would trade Framber, I love the guy, but he is a head case.

I`m still going to watch but I think were too far down and frankly were just not very good as is. We have great pieces, but luck is not on our side and injuries have decimated the starting rotation. IMO you have to fire Espada the day the season ends, he feels like a David Culley hire, it was a lazy hire but to be honest I was one who was wanting to give him a chance and the moment is too big for him, get rid of Bags and whoever else is talking to Crane and get a real GM, Brown wont or can't be his own man..........I think we need to clean house and get prospects who can play right away and then sprinkle in a veteran or two.

I aint mad, just so disappointed.........we have been spoiled Astros fans, now it's time to right this ship, even if we did back into the playoffs, I feel that would be an even bigger disappointment and just pushes back the inevitable

13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yall need to get a room

Htown Stros and Tomstro like this.
  14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

There is no way the Astros trade Tucker this year. Even if we are 15 games back at the deadline, Crane won't operate like that.

Bregman, yes. In fact I think it's now about 70/30 that we will move Alex

I could also see Framber moved. For one there is ZERO chance Crane gives a pitcher a long term deal, and I can't say I blame him. I'm not saying I think we sign Tucker, but there is no chance in hell that Framber is extended. And with so many pitchers down with injuries across baseball, if Framber was put on the market he would bring back a huge haul.

The Yordan/Tucker combo hasn't given us what we needed this year. Tucker has been awesome, but now injured. Yordan has been simply good. But if we are going into next year thinking World Series, the Yordan/Tucker combo can be as good as any combo in baseball. As good as Judge/Soto, Ohtani/Betts, as good as any.

Personally I think the best way to go about it would be to move Bregman for the best package you can get, move Framber for the best package you can get, and try to attach Pressly/Montero to them to get rid of that salary. You still have Yordan/Tucker/Altuve/Diaz/Pena, you add some top of the line prospects, some that will be ready now, and you have some money to spend

15. SuraGotMadHops

I agree with this plan. Don't need a fire sale because there is still a core that can be rolled out next season. What they cannot do is be delusional and be buyers, that would set this team back now and in the future.

ROCKSS, Jake Tower and Snake Diggit like this.
  16. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

So u will only be back when they are winning huh? Gotcha

Houstunna likes this.
  17. Qan

Qan Member

Nothing wrong with that. You got a problem with that?

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Depends on what they are buying.

19. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Kind sir,
    I have endured more years of crappy Astros baseball than you have been alive I suspect.

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

now I know what it feels like to root for the Astros when they are mediocre.