1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Xercules

Xercules Member

Other than his performance this year, I don't know why Harrell hasn't pitched since the 8/19 start. Maybe he's dealing with arm soreness and they don't want to make a big deal out of it/risk having to put him on the DL?

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

tough loss last night, the win the night before was awesome...As much as I hate the move to the AL, I still love baseball. Honestly, it only helps when I get to see them on TV everynight, but if I didn't I probably wouldn't care or have a vested interest in the Astros...

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23astros&amp;src=hash">#astros</a> lineup: LF Grossman, RF Hoes, DH Altuve, 3B DOMINGUEZ, 1B Carter, CF Barnes, 2B Elmore, SS Villar, C Clark, P Cosart</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/statuses/372822258038763520">August 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Xercules

Xercules Member

If you were confused as to why Dominguez is in all caps...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/AstroFanatics">@AstroFanatics</a> He's hitting cleanup and it's his birthday</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/statuses/372824049422184448">August 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I grew up watching NL baseball and even though I now live in Dallas, I simply cannot stomach AL baseball. I especially loathe the DH as I feel it to be a cheap gimmick. I thought I could take anything especially after what John McMullen did to Astros' fans but that a$$hole Crane sure proved me wrong. The way he moved the team to the AL and flushed 50 years of history while taking Selig's bribe money was bad enough. But it was his absolute disdain toward long time Houston baseball fans like myself that was the last straw - I did not appreciate being treated like a fool simply because I dared to support the hometown baseball team I grew up loving. For me that insult was the one thing I will never get over.

Baseball is a game of tradition and if fans like myself can love and respect it, is it too much of stretch to ask ownership and management to do the same? It doesn't matter to me that maybe sometime down the road the Astros might be good again because I will no longer care.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Crane did take the money, but also was strong-armed into a move. Owners cared enough to pay him millions to make the move.

What was his disdain for long-time fans?

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The lineup looks terrible without Castro & Wallace.

8. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

Yeah, that lineup will probably put up 1-2 runs with each of those runs coming off dingers. The Carter-Barnes-Villar-Elmore-Clark group will probably put up 10+ K's tonight.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why do you still post here if you no longer care? My bet is you will get over it once the team is winning again.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bud Norris pitching on BSPN tonight in Boston. This should be good.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Well, that could have been far worse.

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

High pitch counts and a lot of trouble that he has to get out of with this guy...he's done a good job of getting out of it thus far though.

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

SAY IT.....

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Cut him. Like 3 months ago.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

Ah well. At least they got Cosart off the hook.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Do the Astros have the worst relief pitching in the history of baseball?

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2013 Houston Astros <a href="http://t.co/cyWzIKnalb">pic.twitter.com/cyWzIKnalb</a></p>&mdash; John Alexanderâš¾ (@big_john819) <a href="https://twitter.com/big_john819/statuses/372910532224761856">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

19. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

Welp.