1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official Astros @ Twins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 10, 2022.

1. HTown2017Champs

Making matters worse they finished what we were unable to do. So far they have taken 2/3 against the Rays, need Tampa to at least salvage the last game. To me they look legit, hate to say it but they appear to be a real threat. I know people are talking about "but they don't have any depth" and "they always get injured," but if they stay healthy, look out.

tierre_brown and raining threes like this.
  2. raining threes

Very as long as their stars stay healthy and Syndergaard keeps pitching like an ace.

3. Screaming Fist

This staff was built for the dead ball.

Joe Joe likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good game, perfect night at Target field but damn did I want a no hitter

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Off topic , are the angels that good they’re breatung the heck out of the rays ?

6. The Drake

The Drake Member

Too unnecessary

Bregatron likes this.
  7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Wow. The angels got the no-hitter.

This year might be their year.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No no-no, but at least there's this....

Screenshot_20220511-000728_Gallery.jpg

Goodness, Nolan did Wilt things

ROCKSS, Tfor3, H-Town Info and 2 others like this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

162 games is a long, long season.

The angels certainly are better than recent seasons, but I'm gonna need to see them do this for at least half a season before I start buying them as a real threat to win 95.

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s highly improbable. Also looks to be the case.

11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

The thing about the angels is they can easily make themselves better at the trade deadline if they are in this thing. That’s a value of having a star heavy as opposed to super balanced roster- the stars carry the load and then you can fill in around them at the break. when I saw that opening day lineup and thought about it I was like- **** the clown show in Seattle this here is the team that’s going to give us a run for it (if anyone does) this year. The top of that lineup is so good.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

30 games into the season. It is a marathon. For as well as they are playing, 1 lead on the Astros…who we know are not clicking of all cylinders.

jiggyfly and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

lol

jiggyfly, RKREBORN and everyday eddie like this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The drawback is that players get hurt or banged up. As much complaining as there is on Goodrum, he's better than the Angels depth by a lot.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Isn't the regular season 60 games? :p

16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Wait a minute, hold on dawg, do she gotta kid?

17. Screaming Fist

How do you throw a no hitter with only 2Ks? The dead ball deserves more of the credit for the no hitter than the pitcher.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What can they offer a rebuilding team? I honestly don't know much about their farm other than they used every draft pick on pitchers 2-3 years ago.

Given that they've never been able to promote much depth the last few years to withstand injuries, something tells me they're still probably lacking in this area... especially the type of prospects that will entice another team to deal with them over others, in what should clearly be a tough market given the # of teams possibly in the hunt with extra playoff spots.

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

They landed Iglesias for practically nothing. If they are willing to eat money sometimes that is enough. Also, if Bryan De La Cruz can get you a Yimi Garcia I'm pretty sure Joe Adell has some value even with his struggles. If the Phillies are out of contention I could see the Angels trying to get Jean Segura.

I wouldn't want to face them in a 3 game series. Ohtani, Syngergaard followed by Tepera, Loup, and Iglesias is plenty scary along with that offense. Pablo Sandoval is also pitching better than both Ohtani and Syndergaard. Maybe they need one more starter but then again Detmers just twirled a no hitter against a very good Rays team.

IF (and that is a big IF) they stay healthy... adding a middle infielder like Segura and a couple bullpen arms could be enough. Maybe someone like Michael Fulmer would be a great fit. The Angels have some prospects. They are just younger guys at the lower levels so they aren't really top 100 type prospects yet.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member