1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Twins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

I went to college in Cleveland- Case Western Reserve University. So I follow the Indians as well. I am a Houston homer however, it is the Astros, Rockets, and Texans for me.

I used to be able to watch every game, but with a wife and kid things have changed quite a bit.

Moehler's velocity is a little better than his typical starts. I hope he can keep the ball the down. The Astros better start working some counts before Baker gets in a groove. I have a bad feeling that he already is in one.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

My father's side of the family is from Cleveland so I got into the Indians, Browns and Buckeyes from an early age. They were never really into the Cavs so I never got into that team. I lived in Bowling Green for a couple of years when I was young but don't remember much. I spent most of my life in the D.C. area so I got into the Redskins, Capitals and even the Bullets back in the day. I'm such a sports nut that I tend to start liking some local teams wherever I go but the teams I have followed for the longest are the Indians, Browns, Redskins and Capitals. I'm starting to get into the Texans now, too, but it'll be hard to pull for 3 NFL teams. That may be stretching it. :D

Moehler can be effective when he's locating and mixing his pitches up well but he has so little stuff that if he's off just a little, he tends to get hit hard. He's done a commendable job since becoming a starter last year but I don't have much faith him. Of course, I love it when he proves me wrong. :D

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

The Twins just seem to do everything pretty well. Smart players with good fundamentals. I don't know anything about their owner/management but I have to imagine they are on top of their games to field this kind of product.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I used to not be a huge baseball fan, but I've always cheered for the Twins since most of my extended family is from around that area.

They pride themselves on putting out scrappy, competitive teams with a small market payroll, and they always have a stacked farm system... especially on the pitching side.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Makes sense. They always seem to be a pretty competitive team. Rarely world beaters but rarely awful, either.

6. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Major fail from Coop. Back your team up ffs

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

My guess is Backe said something. They're throwing Coop out for not controlling somebody in the dugout.

8. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Our defense has just gone from worse to shambolic

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

That's embarrassing, Lance. I was just touting your defense, too. :mad:

10. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

So we can blame that on you then? :p

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

redeemed himself a little.

12. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Phew, thought we were surely destined to give up a run or two there after what went on in the inning.

Now we have the top of the order and a chance to do some damage.

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Sure, why not? :D

Lance is actually terrific, defensively. Highly underrated. But that was boneheaded for sure.

Sweet job by Moehler!

We need to get something here. Top of the order coming up and we're getting too close to Nathan time.

14. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Good job Bourn. I'm calling a Keppinger flyout and a Miggy GIDP

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Just for the heck of it... coming into today:

Jimmy Rollins: .223 AVG, .265 OBP, 10 SB, 40 R

Michael Bourn: .294 AVG, .372 OBP, 23 SB, 38 R

16. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Don't rub it in, I have Jimmy "0-5" Rollins in my fantasy team. I traded Morneau away for him at the start of the season.

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

:D

Don't you have Bradley, too? He's actually been getting it going a little recently. Not sure if your fantasy league counts bonehead plays though.

18. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

This would be a very good time to do something useful Carlos

19. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Haha, I do yeah. I also have BJ Upton. Probably the 3 biggest disappointments in the league.

On the other hand, I have Mauer, who is my saviour and hero lol.

20. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Could see that coming really. He's been way too quiet tonight and last night.