1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Astros @ Twins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 19, 2009.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

No kidding. How many incorrect calls against the Astros is he gonna make?

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Solid outing from Roy. A few bloop and infield hits plus an intentional walk made his line look worse than he actually pitched. The bulk of our order just couldn't figure out Slowey and the 2nd base ump sucked.

1 inning or less before Nathan comes in.

3. BrooksBall

Even if we can't get to Nathan in the 9th, at least Roy was able to pitch deep and save our bullpen.

4. Poloshirtbandit

wtf was that Michaels :confused:

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Just following through gamecast, but why is Roy still in?? Up to 125 pitches now..

6. BrooksBall

Wow, Michaels... wow...

That better frickin' be an error on Michaels.

7. BrooksBall

He had an extra day of rest, the stadium is air-conditioned and he's still in line for the win if the Astros can make a comeback.

I have no problem with Coop keeping him in. Michaels' defense on the other hand...

8. BrooksBall

You gotta be kidding me... how the heck is that not an error on Michaels?????

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, two earnies for Roy. That sucks, great effort by the Wizard.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Release this bum Michaels. He can join Jason Smith at McDonalds.

11. BrooksBall

Kick us while we're down why don't you... Puma gets robbed by a great catch at the wall. FML

12. BrooksBall

I feel bad for Michaels. He's sitting their dejected in the dugout. The ball probably got caught in the lights. I'm just pissed Roy got charged with the runs after pitching a solid game.

13. HTR99

HTR99 Member

I'm mix on Michaels - do feel bad but want him released as well. If they do, he can take Kata with him. Our extras at OF/IF this year are bad, but then again they're no Loretta in terms of talent and I know he didn't play OF. In actuality, you get what you pay for. Loretta would have easily commanded more money but overall would have delivered. Both Michaels and Kata have opportunities but just aren't doing anything with them. Roy pitched well and didn't need those 2 tagged on him, should have been an error on Michaels.

Can someone explain why in the 7th when Berkman fielded the ball off of Gomez that he chose to tag him out (unsuccessfully) instead of throwing to Matsui? TV made it seem like Berkman missed badly at the tag out.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Gomez was safe in spite of breaking Little Leauge Rule #31...thou shalt not slide into first base! :)

15. BrooksBall

HTR,

It was a perfectly placed bunt by Gomez. Matsui wasn't anywhere near the bag. Berkman's dive and attempted tag was the only chance to get him out.

Speaking of that, Berkman is a pretty exceptional defensive player that is underrated by most non-Astros fans. If he has a weakness defensively, it's his throwing accuracy.

16. BrooksBall

Once again, the Indians can't hold on to a late lead... @!%#

17. BrooksBall

Miggy is on almost the same GIDP pace as last season. He swings at so many pitches outside the zone and pitchers take advantage of it.

Moehler gives up a HR on his 2nd pitch...

18. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I just dont understand why Coop doesnt move Miggy down in the lineup. I know that he is hitting for a high average, but the double plays kill us.

btw- Brooksball, I admire your dedication to Houston sports. You dont miss games. Rockets or Astros. Do you attend alot of games? just curious. Keep up the great insights and posts.

19. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Damn Moehler.

20. BrooksBall

Agreed about Miggy.

I've been an Indians, Capitals (hockey), Redskins and Browns fan all my life but got into the Astros and Rockets after moving here in 2002 from D.C. I got into the Rockets right away because of following Francis when he was with the Terps and got fully into the Astros when they brought in Clemens. I was at the game in Boston as a kid when Clemens won his first 20th game so I always kind of liked him for some reason, even if he beat the Indians that day.

Up until this past season, I went to between 10 and 20 Rockets games and a few Astros games each season. I was working in San Jose most of last year so I didn't get a chance to go to any games in Houston for the first time since '02 but I did watch every single Rockets game on TV (sometimes through my Slingbox from a hotel) and went to one game when the Rockets played @ GS (shelled out over $200 to sit right under the basket).