1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Astros @ Twins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 19, 2009.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My bad. I heard the announcers say that the Texans lead the league last year and conflated that to this year.

2. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Not tested, more like ROCKED :(

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Texans? :p

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Minnesota's offense is very potent, and Baker/Slowey have been dominant lately.

Game 1: L - I can't pick Oswalt over Slowey yet. Sorry, Roy.

Game 2: L - Baker's their #2 typically, if not their #1, and he's been pitching like it lately. The typical 3-4 runs Moehler lets in will be too many.

Game 3: W - Perkins is fresh off the DL and doesn't K many folks, so I can see us getting to him. However, Wandy is hit-or-miss, and on the road against a strong offense...

So, LLW.

5. Depressio

Mauer is probably the best hitter for average, that's for sure, and he's even flexing muscle this year. Still, though, I wouldn't put him up there with Pujols just yet.

And, to be fair, Mauer has his AB's protected by Morneau who follows him, whereas Pujols doesn't really have anyone potent behind him since Ludwick isn't having a great season (and isn't always in the line-up).

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Backe started yesterday and we won so to heck with all the analysis. Let's beat the odds! :D

7. Depressio

I was shocked my "LLW" prediction for the Texas series was actually right, let's put it that way.

8. BrooksBall

The Indians handed a couple of games to the Brewers in the last series and now they are trying to do the same thing for the Cubs. The Indians bullpen is terrible.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Let's hope they can hang on to this lead.

10. BrooksBall

Lee just hit a freakin homer off Wood to tie the game.

It's been hell for Indians fans this season. The last few days have been killing me. Giving big leads up late to the Brewers and now the Cubs. FML

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

the joe mauer kool-aid just cracks me up. the best hitter in the game? any of you seriously believe that? would you have made that same argument before the season started? or hell, even 3 weeks ago? GB prisoners of the moment.

albert pujols is the best hitter in the game. ichiro suzuki is the best hitter for average. and joe mauer is the best hitter for average 1/3 of the way into the 2009 season.

12. BrooksBall

And it's official... the Indians blow it again. They were up 7-0 at one point then 7-2 in the 8th inning.

13. Depressio

But you know what sucks? Rich Harden is on my fantasy team. :(

14. BrooksBall

Would you prefer a Harden win over a loss that helps the Stros? Or did you just want him to pitch well and get a no decision?

That's why I stay away from fantasy sports. It creates conflicted interests for me.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

ballgame. we'll try again tomorrow boys.

16. BrooksBall

:D Tejada has been making some outstanding defensive plays the past couple of games (mixed in with a couple of blunders, of course).

17. BrooksBall

Great defense from Kaz and Miggy tonight.

On another note, did anybody notice Fernando Nieve starting for the Mets the past couple of games in place of the injured John Maine? He gave up only 4 hits and 2 ER over 6.2 IP against the Yankees in NY last time out. Tonight, he's given up only 3 hits and 1 ER to the Rays over 6. Probably a fluke but still...

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

the ole run n' bunt. you a genius coop.

19. BrooksBall

Miggy and Kepp are both guys that don't strike out very often and Slowey has already struck each of them out twice.

20. BrooksBall

Pudge was safe. That's the second blown call by the 2nd base ump.