1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Tigers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 25, 2023.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rangers are getting blown out ugh. I hate you pressley

2. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

10-1 Twins. Wtf are the Astros doing man?

Houstunna, deb4rockets and DreamShook like this.
  3. Qan

Qan Member

The Astros need another team meeting.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scoreboard watching when the Astros can’t even wipe their own ass.

[​IMG]

Houstunna, Dopamine, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The state of Texas about to be on an 11 game losing streak.

6. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

Dusty Baker knows its his last year here... (IDGAF who you are, thats a check that'll cash on Christmas Day)
    MLB "knows" its Baker's last year as the Astros GM...
    Dusty Baker has been literally tinkering- and quite literally doing EVERYTHING OPPOSITE of last year, running out NOT the best hitting lineups (whenever those best hitters in the lineups have been consistently healthy, respectively).
    All the quotes Baker's been making recently-- whether they're pushed by a media agenda or if its really just diarrhea spewing from his mouth... only leads me to think:
    (just as we've talked about fellas, Crane was "forced" into hiring Baker as a "****, let me clean up my personal business mess and this mess with the Astros"-- so yeah, we'll get him a ring and hold on to him as long as we can bc "optics"...)
    ...leads me to think: Dusty Baker is an employee of MLB, not Jim Crane's Houston Astros organization-- unless that was already decided back in the owners meetings & Jim agreed to it... we're gonna suppress this Astros surge / narrative and we'll make sure we have a mole to do just the best chance of that-- cue Dusty Baker.
    We were always supposed to have JV... and tbh, our record just may have been a few wins here or there better (lineup or not, shitty catchers, rising studs, forgotten heroes matters not). JV was a Crane move... every single call up / send down move has been with Baker's signature/advice on it.
    Players oblivious, but Manfred, the media fcks around the country, the owners / managers know exactly how the 2023 Astros season will play out.
    I can't believe anymore that we even have a WS defending team with the managerial FCKINGASININE blatant shhitbag moves / decisions that have been made this year... Dana Brown is probably white-knuckling the fck outta this season knowing he can't affect it.

This isn't a negative post about being down on the WS this year-- friends, we weren't supposed to get back there this year. All those who aren't players know that.
    When was the last time you saw Jim Crane or Dana Brown or anyone in the media (non-player) actually step up and defend Dusty Baker's shake-n-bakes this season...???

#ready2haveawinningstudbaseballclub2getbehindagain

Yeah-- this is the worst (Astros) team (NOT ON PAPER) I've seen at least since back, what 8-9-10 years ago+ ... its a fvcking JOKE to be a lifelong Astros fan right now.

edit: if you wanna pick this apart grammatically/statistically, have fun & hope you get one off to it.... but this is facts.

edit2: yall ready for Ausmus to be GM next year??? (wheres that facepalmoji fkcer when you wanna use it)

Stephen66 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Fixed it

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

man, im so sad they lost this game..

astros123 likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

watchusay-what-did-you-say.gif

11. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

Live look... Dana Brown getting back into the office with Baker:

Stephen66 and Viol8r like this.
  12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Swept by the Mariners at home
    1-17 loss at home
    Walk off loss and no-hit to one of the worst teams in baseball

I'm getting annoyed people looking at the standings and saying we're still in and it's just one game. Look at the quality of product on the field. It's awful. No heart. No urgency. That matters. Compare that to the Mariners level of intensity and competitiveness. It's night and day difference right now. It's pathetic.

Viol8r, DaDakota, deb4rockets and 4 others like this.
  13. Jags

Jags Member

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pitch better… hit better.

They desperately need to know who could possibly be a third starter capable of giving a quality outing. Javier/France/Brown/Urquiddy are all taking turns doing their best imitations of each other. And France/Brown are already at career limits while Javier’s arm is still recovering as of the WBC.

The lineup is what it is when their top 4 (5 if you include Chas or Diaz) are playing… they’re woefully inconsistent as a unit. Tucker will carry them as Yordan carried them earlier in the year… but still haven’t seen all of them put it together for more than 2-3 games here/there.

Time running out. Still time. Nut punch losses like this hurt… but so do 8 game losing streaks. Whoever decided to lump these three up/down teams in a division together is getting what they wanted. Its still right there…

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

"He's still not ready"

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Mariners still celebrating Tucker DNPs

#476 Houstunna, Aug 25, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he can play in the minors he can play in the Majors Dusty just doesn't want to sit anyone down......he is the SUCK as a strategist.

DD

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss him!

astros123 likes this.
  19. MAstroS

MAstroS Member

That was right by where I was sitting, actually saw Julks and Singleton walk over (didn't see Chas) but didn't know what was going on, and nothing happened after. This could have been a reaction to Astros fans though, there were alot of us in that area.

This loss is on me and my son. We came up for the game and we are bad luck it seems. We went to two games last year (Friday Miami home game and Saturday at Cleveland) and they lost both. We were hoping it was just that we couldn't go to Garcia starts (we owe him something for last year his two worst starts), but I guess we were wrong. Unfortunately we are planning on 3 more games for his birthday present (this Saturday is his 21st). We are going to the Mon and Tues games in Arlington and the Friday Padres game, so go ahead and place your bets on those games. For added good measure we are also going to the Wed SL game and the Thur Hooks game, so more easy money for you. Go ahead and take the Titans over the Saints as well, be there too.

Kim and astros123 like this.