1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Tigers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

What facts have been presented to me???

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I don't know, nor do I care who you are.

What is pretty clear is you don't seem to have much of an ability to understand the ups and downs of a baseball season

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Oh. Lol. Ok i can easily disregard this.

4. The Beard

One of, if not the best record in all of baseball since May 1

But yea if you want to just emphasize the past week then cool

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Where were you posting before June of this year? And all of last year? You supposedly know everything about this banned poster, yet you weren't a member when he was here.

You know nothing about this site....one that discusses baseball quite well untill emotional/short-sighted trolls muck it up.

I suppose that's why you can't stay away...

#845 Nick, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Do you not understand that a person can read this entire sight everyday without being a member?

And when you say something smart about badeball i will give you props. Haven't seen it yet.

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Cool. Are we a playoff team if the season ended today? Do we have a good record over the last 15 games? I can give you facts too.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not really. Sign ins often necessary during peak times. Even then, you claim to be an Astro fan for 36 years... And you only now choose to post about them? Did you just discover your keyboard?

Again, you know nothing about me or any of the other posters here. If it's so awful, why did you decide to become a member? Lol that you haven't seen anything smart yet. You just freakin joined... Or you claim to have lurked for years and you now start posting to get into it and complain endlessly? Sure.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Well nick i never had an issue so you are wrong. Every post i make gets attacked and my posts are mild compared to many on here. Until you prove to me otherwise, yes I think you're a bit of a child and your baseball knowledge isn't really impressing me. If you tried to actually have a baseball convo with me I would probably think different. Now go ahead and post how you don't care what I think about you. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Actually i posted here under a name i forgot long ago. It was like '08 or '09 during basketball season.

11. The Beard

The Indians are the closest thing in the AL to being solidly in the playoffs, and one bad week for them has them fighting for their playoff lives also

We are right in the playoff mix again like last year

I am hoping we make a big move by tomorrow afternoon, and that we get some injured players healed up quickly

The gloom and doom around here, with what we have done after the horrible start to the season, and with all of our young talent...it's a bit crazy to me

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Doom and gloom. Thats a little much. I just dont want to miss the playoffs and the consolation is that we had one of the best records over a 6 week stretch. Its winning time right now. Not happy with the way we played the last two series or the 2 before the seattle sweep. We have major issues closing out games and our hitters are in a supreme funk. Its ok to acknowledge this right?

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, just answer one question... Why did you allofasudden decide to post starting at the end of June of this year? What was the driving force? The impetus?

If this place is so awful, and you're getting attacked unfairly, why even bother? Go back into lurk mode that you've supposedly been doing for at least 8 something years (which again, is virtually impossible given the sign in requirements).

Nobody can have a baseball conversation with you because nobody knows you and you've been here less than a month. You've started your posting career with childish complaints, dumb hot takes, and out of nowhere you find sympathy for a once banned poster.

again, more name calling from you... Somebody I've barely spoken to. Reportable, again.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Its none of your business, and not that interesting, as to why I joined. I assume people think someone joins to talk baseball. The poster that was banned knew more about the game and the Astros than you do. You and some others relentlessly attacked that poor guy. Now you are trying to do it again. The rest of your post is stupid so i dont feel the need to address it.

15. The Beard

Absolutely it is

Personally, I would go to Giles at closer right now. And who knows what will happen after the deadline passes tomorrow. Crazy as it might sound, most GMs don't like making major role changes right before the deadline when they are making multiple trade offers, or at least discussions, with other teams.

As for the offense, losing Valbuena, Marwin and even Gomez in the matter of a few days, has really hurt. We either need them back, or a trade to happen in the next several hours

16. The Beard

You want to "talk baseball"

And then you support the most unpopular poster ever on this forum?

Trust me, end the crap talk and have rational baseball posts, and this junk will go away. It's not necessary to have the last word, just let it go

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Agree that losing marwin and val have hurt us. Don't agree about Gomez. I hope we get a closer but regardless of feelings, we need to move to Giles now and see if he can do it.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Not trying to have the last word. Defending myself from false accusations and super dork rabble rousers. I am ready to talk ball, just waiting on y'all.

19. The Beard

Gomez has obviously been bad, but replacing him in the OF with Tucker is a clear step backwards

While Jake is even worse than Gomez at the plate, at least he is better in the field. Tucker is worse at the plate AND in the field

My guess is we will move Gomez tonight or tomorrow, and get another OF in a deal with less upside than Gomez, but more consistency

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In case you didn't learn from your predecessor, there's a form and etiquette into discussion here....goes well beyond "talking baseball", which was being done quite well during your supposed lurking days.

Hot takes like "crap ball", and "McOuch" aren't really rousing baseball discussion points.

And "relentlessly attacked" indicates you don't understand why he was banned... Which indicates a vast learning disability and a possibility of a repeat performance.