1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 12, 2024.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I ain't no preacher, but here's my Erick Sermon.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

"Paul Skenes is a nobody"
    @IdStrosfan

Radricky likes this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

Go Twins

raining threes likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Man, the Rangers P/C with some help from HPU just stomped all over their cocks to give the Twins the lead in the top9

Here's the pitch that got the go ahead run on base:

[​IMG]

5. raining threes

Hopefully they give Dezenzo a shot at 3rd next season.

What I would do is sign another cheap backup C, or bring up Salazar or Navarez to split time at C and make Caratini the fulltime C. Put Diaz at 1st next season, Caratini at C, Dezenzo at 3rd and sign or trade for an OF bat.

6. Kphorns14

Kphorns14 Member

It’s going to be interesting to see what they do. I think they sign one of them, but not both. My gut says they go Bregman since there is nobody ready to step into 3b next year, and they’ll have another year to see if Melton, Baez or even Matthew’s have what it takes to replace Tuck in 2026. Personally, I would sign Tucker, given prime years still ahead, and more consistent power to go with Yordan. I think you could find a somewhat cheaper FA to play 3B that can be productive for a year or so and have Matthew’s focus only on 3B until he’s ready. But my gut says they choose bregman and believe melton, Baez, or Matthew’s can plug into RF in 2026. You’re right, if it is bregman they should move tucker this offseason for atleast 3 top 100 prospects that will be ready by July next season. Preferably a OF/1B and 2 SP, because I think they let framber walk when he’s a FA, JV gone, Kikutchie(sp) gone, and who knows about the health of the other guys.

Stephen66 and raining threes like this.
  7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

It’s a nice advantage over other teams to have a catcher that can hit like Diaz. Yainer also plays good enough defense to be the starter. Caratini, while having a fine 150 at bats this year, is a career .684 OPS guy. Seems like we could keep Diaz at catcher and go get a .800ish OPS guy at 1st base. That would be more potent than having Diaz and Caratini in the lineup. Caratini is a great backup catcher, better than most backup catchers. That would also be an advantage over most teams.

9. Kphorns14

Kphorns14 Member

That may be the plan for Diaz and 1B. Then in 2026 have this years 1st Rd pick and a vet be your catcher. I bet we see him a lot more at 1B down the stretch once rosters expand. I’d be okay with having Diaz at first and letting caratini and Salazar be the catchers of they make the playoffs.

10. raining threes

I think they either re-sign Kikuchi or Framber.

11. raining threes

They've been trying to get this .800 1B for three years and counting. Hopefully they can find somebody on the FA/Trade market this winter. I'm not counting on this.

12. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I'd like to know when I said that.

Please give the tread, date, post number or some info to help locate it.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

It was your sentiment when you were justifying why Blanco didn't make All-Star. Your argument was Ronel didn't play enough games. My argument was the suspension caused the non-selection, and Paul Skenes was starting the game while having much fewer starts than Blanco. Your argument against Skenes was basically "who is Paul Skenes". Some media outlets were calling Paul the best pitcher in baseball around that time.

I don't remember the thread, but you should remember the conversation.

14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Member

Congrats man!!

My lady is currently waiting a doctors visit on Monday to see if we are having another one! Didn’t think another one was possible ( been trying for years) so we kinda lost hope.

guess I’ve must have done something decent lately for the lord to bless me again.

let’s hope I’m about to be a daddy again!! Legggoooooooo

IBTL, dholi_1, raining threes and 2 others like this.
  15. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Wishing you good luck

16. kaw1988

kaw1988 Member

congrats, Gents

17. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I do recall the conversation.

But I have known about and been impressed with Skenes since early in his MLB career ( didn't know or follow him prior). The idea that I think, or thought him a JAG is laughable and just and just an example of you making an assumption about my thoughts and opinions and projecting that to something completely unrelated and without merit.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Hoping for the VERY BEST of outcomes for you my friend! May y'all be blessed yet again :). Thanks too for the congrats!

raining threes and Stephen66 like this.
  19. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

Lets GO!! if your other one was born in 2017 or 2022 this could be a GREAT sign!

IBTL likes this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Ima say "my bad" on this one. I took the bolded as you were being sarcastic/dismissive against Skenes.

You weren't trolling, necessarily.

I still believe Blanco's suspension is what ultimately botched his All-Star selection. Your claim of his 1-2 fewer starts preventing it was naive. Dude threw a no-hitter. The no-hitter was likely the deciding factor for JV over Cole in 2019.