1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 3, 2015.

1. HookemHorns1250

I still don't get what he's trying to say. We have a 20 year old phenom, a 21 year old stud pitcher. Young pieces in Springer and Altuve. Yeah...that's definitely sounds like a team that will decline tremendously....

2. conquistador#11

Guess I'm always taking things the wrong way, but there is nothing complimentary about that quote. It's like telling your gf, hey I love that vj but I don't think your wifey material. you just don't say that.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

His wife's mom lives there and wife is from there too. Happy wife, happy life.

4. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yeah, I read it as poorly done damage control. He's trying to say something nice but managed to make it worse. He obviously doesn't like Houston and/or the family ties were just that strong I guess... maybe he's happy with his WS ring and doesn't want another 'cause he isn't getting one with the Rangers with the Astros in his way the next 4 years. :cool:

5. Buck Turgidson

Ah, didn't realize it was actual family. That makes even more sense then.

I'm still gonna have him though, just not for that.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I thought that nickname was already taken.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I also think its overblown... its not like he "decided" to go to Dallas... he just couldn't say no to it. And we all know what the Astros were coming off of at the time of him making the list.

Pretty sure he would have much rather stayed in Philly, regardless of where other family is.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Gotta keep winning. Teams in AL getting going...

9. Buck Turgidson

Waiting at the dugout ready to tag in? Gattis vs. Fielder. I would pay to see that.

10. HookemHorns1250

The funny thing was the person that seemed the most upset during that bench clear besides A.J. was Lance. If you watch the replay of the incident, as soon as Conger got in Odors face, Lance hopped over the railing as fast as he could.

Here's to Gomez hitting his first Astro home run and admiring it like Odor did his.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He was perfectly willing to be in Philadelphia, which is much farther from Dallas than Houston. This wasn't like FA, where he chose one city over another, but just did not want to be in Houston.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I don't think any of us know what their situation is. Wrong to unjustly criticize without knowing all of the facts.

13. Buck Turgidson

Alls I was sayin was it's understandable why he would be ok with Dallas and not Houston, that's all. I don't even care and didn't really want him here anyway.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Exactly. Logically, he knew about the teams involved... and did everything he could to steer himself towards the Rangers (and not necessarily away from the Astros). It makes sense.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The only say he really had was that he did not want to waive the no-trade to Houston... that is all.

In a similiar situation 10 years from now (or 10 years ago), if a player in his position is re-making that list, he could approve Houston but veto Dallas... and have zero say on where he goes other than vetoing Dallas.

In the end, he was perfectly happy in Philly... hell, there are no guarantees he's happy in Dallas... hell, Dallas could be sellers next year (Not sure how Daniels survives if they're mediocre for a 3rd straight season with that payroll) and his contract still remains a "bargain" as is.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Daniels survives the same way he got full control, idiot ownership.

17. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Screw him he wanted to go to Rangers

He got what he wanted

From one crappy team to another

Let's stomp these cockroaches in the dirt

18. TOP

TOP Member

The Angels losing streak and their fans take on it... lol

Here's my take on it...

[​IMG]

19. TOP

TOP Member

Damn straight!

Fielder can go field a turd.

F the Power Rangers. Those wannabe f***s.

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

That's what im talking about!