1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Pirates

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

LIGHTS OUT!!!

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They're calling it a sprain. I'm sure he'll be out for at least this week. Really need Lance to be back in to have any chance of winning a game.

It's always nice to get a series win, especially when being the worst road team in the league...and even if we did get outscored in the series.

Very nice 9th by Lidge and a great game by Woody. He really looked strong today.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

so it says he K'ed the side.. nice to hear. Wonder when the last time he got a save King the side was. Or got a 1 run save doing it..

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We know it wasn't this year.... and with 32 saves last year, I would have a hard time believing that there wasn't at least one that fit the criteria you mentioned above.

Either way, Brad Lidge is throwing the good slider with regularity again... and that sets everything else up to perfection. Credit the organization for not selling him for .10 cents on the dollar. Now, we'll see which direction they can take with a chip like him in the fold.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Yep, Sept 8th and Aug. 1st (and I didn't look further back than that). Amazing how spoiled we were to think he was THAT horrible last year.. ;)

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, compared to what he was in 04 and 05, and thus what was expected of him last year, he was THAT horrible.

However, we had Qualls, Wheeler, and even Miller pitching quality bullpen innings... thus they were still somehow able to finish above .500 despite not having a sub 3 ERA from Lidge.

This year is a different story... and as a result, Lidge seems even MORE dominant since the affore-mentioned bullpen pitchers have slumped all year.

7. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Amazing how nobody was listening to me last year when I was saying that all season long.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

lidge was horrible last year.

to your credit, you're one of the few people who wanted to keep him, and obviously that was the correct move.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm just glad we won a series...Hell, I'm glad Woody pitched the way he did...promising...