1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Pirates

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 26, 2006.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lights out Lidge makes a cameo!

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Lidge does the job! Way to go Astros!

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to say too much, because I don't want to jinx them, but I am loving it right now.

4. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

i dont think that was our longest

5. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

Yee freakin hah! We did it. Everett was on point all day, I just love our SS. Roy O is the man. What a game. The next series is the one I am worried about.

6. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Yes, late Aug/early Sept 2004 and then finished off the regular season with an 8 game winning streak. That's how we finished 36-10 that season. :D

Wow, way to go Stros ! What heart, determination! Unbelievable!

All I got to say is this, if the Crapholes can find a way to sweep the Brew Crew than hats off to them, but IMO they will lose at least one, possibly two.

As for the Stros, we got to hit the ground running and take the fight out of the Bravos quickly.

Prediction: Stros 4-0; Crapholes 2-3= Division championship baby!

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

magic number is 6?

8. Fatty FatBastard

3-0 and we still make the playoffs.

Good news: The Astros are only one game behind the Cards right now.

Bad news: The Cards still need to lose 2 of their next 5 games.

That said, I feel like a psychic. I stated 3 weeks ago that 19-10 would get us into the playoffs, finishing with 84 wins.

It looked pretty bleak when we went 7-10, but I jokingly stuck to my guns, stating that if we went 12-0, we'd still make the playoffs. And lo and behold, lookie what we've accomplished since I made that bold statement.

Now, I truly believe that if we take care of business against the Braves, we'll make the playoffs. But I do still strongly believe we will need a sweep.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Hats off to Roy Oswalt.... if we see you again this year, that will mean we continue our awesome run (with the Cards continuing their collapse).

2006 - 15-8... 2.98 ERA
    Career - 98-47... 3.05 ERA (2005 NLCS MVP)

Worth every cent.

10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

What a great day, Stros keep on truckin, my depo ended early coupled with a rain delay means I got home in time to catch some of the game, and the Rockets nabbed Bonzi Wells. Now all I need is for Doug Davis to shut the Cards down tonite. go Brew Crew!

11. Fatty FatBastard

Astros were just officially eliminated from the Wild Card.

Thank goodness for the Cards recent collapse!

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The Astros will finish at .500 or above. After this mostly pitiful season, that's a solid finish. Anything better than that would be awesome.

13. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Dude, you should go to Vegas! That was an amazing call or desperation ass pull either way I like it! :D

What an incredible run!

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Un-fkn-believable...3 more games...Cards need to lose...

15. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

So far so good. Now if the Cards will lose tonight. Their win last night screwed things up.

16. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Imagine that? It's not enough for you to create a crappy thread but rather you feel the need to come over and crap on this one too! What Class you exude!

Look, the only lock win I see is Crapnturd on Sunday. Not likely he will choke three times in a row! However, it certainly would not bother me. :D

Tonites game with Marquis will be an adventure because STL never knows which Marquis will show up as evidenced by his record and ERA.

The middle two, the Brew Crew send Capuano and Sheets. So I say at least one there for the Brew Crew.

So the Brewskies gain a split with STL and we sweep ATL, though we will have to really battle Smoltzie on Sunday. He really gives us fits.

Then STL has to go to SF and play that makeup and even if they win, they have to play a tiebreaker here and if they lose, division champs baby! :cool: :cool: :cool:

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Man that's a lot to bank on...but I love it! :)

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Happened to catch a brief moment of the Yankees-Orioles game today. They were talking about Hoffman being in the mix for NL Cy Young and mentioned that there are no 20-game winners...the only two starters they mentioned that are in the mix are Webb and Carpenter, also saying that both have been struggling as of late. Well not a certain pitcher on this team. It's no surprise obviously, but dammit just another example how this city and this team get no love from the national media. Oswalt could very well have been a back-to-back-to-back 20 game winner if given more run support.

19. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Brewers 8, Deadbirds 1 :eek: :p top of 4th

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

WOOOOOOOO!