1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Pirates

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Major

Major Member

No, but Garner is right a whole hell of a lot more often than people on this board will ever give him credit for. Second guessing is great after-the-fact: you get to be right 100% of the time. And when people have second-guessed before the fact (like playing Ensberg and Lane today), they seem to be wrong a hell of a lot more than they are right.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

98 pitches through 7 innings. Top of the order comes up in the bottom of the 8th, do you leave Roy in or do you call in the bully?!?

Although, come to think of it, a complete game shut-out might win Roy the Cy Young if the Astros can overtake the Cardinals.

His ERA is below 3 now for the season.

3. Major

Major Member

No, as it turns out, I really don't have to take your word for anything. Instead, I can see with my own eyes what a nightmare he has been and how he has contributed to our losing (outside of April when he was actually productive and we won consistently).

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If he gets into trouble, you take him out. Going at last 7 deep has definitel spared the bullpen today...and just as I say that he's already pulled. :p

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Why is Sams hell did Garner take Oswalt out? Our bully is SPENT! :mad:

6. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

crap...jack wilson up w/ sanchez and bay up....not good...

7. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

ME TOO!!! Oh, you mean as a pitcher.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The guys Garner used (miller and Qualls) didn't throw that much last night.

I doubt Wheeler is available... will be interesting who he calls on to close this game.

9. Howyalikemenow

Double play!!! Nice coaching Garner.

10. JunkyardDwg

Why must we always second guess his decisions? Oswalt was at 98 pitches...chances are he wouldn't have made it out of the 7th inning anwyays. Miller only faced one batter last night and Qualls only threw three pitches himself. The rest of the pen may be tired, but they're gonna do whatever they need to do to win the game; it's the end of the season; everybody's tired anyways.

11. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

All I know is if all it takes is a little tattoo and some prayer at a church I will do it every day if it makes us this superior. lol But really, I am so happy they have played this last week like this. It has been so much fun and very entertaining. I am proud of our guys. I love Scott's unrelenting spirituality. It inspired me to do better things with my life and his butt is younger than me. lol I love the Stros, all of em.

12. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

I hope it's Nieve.

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4-5-6 coming up for Pirates in the bottom of the ninth. Does Gar go with Springer or do you dare put Lidge in the game to try and close it out? Good thing they're all right-handed so Phil won't be tempted to use his "other" lefty tonight :p

14. JunkyardDwg

I was thinkin he would stick with Qualls, but apparently Lidge is warmig up.

15. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

anybody know what our longest win streak in franchise history is? also, when was the last time we came back by more than 4 before last night?

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The last time they came back from 5+ down was in 2004. It seems they had a winning streak of 13 or 14 back in the late 80s.

17. Howyalikemenow

Lights out Lidge time.

18. Howyalikemenow

1 down (jason bay)...

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Didn't we have a 12 game streak in 2004?

20. JunkyardDwg

Alright...9 game win streak and pressure back on the Cards! C'mon Brew Crew!