1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Phillies

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 14, 2012.

1. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

oh look another 1 run loss..sickening...been awhile since we won.

2. AB423

AB423 Member

Wow, it seems like a movie script. Former Astro's player errors on purpose to tie the score up, then walk-off homerun in extra innings lol

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I didn't see it, so I know I can't say too much... but it better have been an almost certain out for Clark not to send Martinez in the 9th. This is an offense mired in an epic funk (it's now the 8th consecutive game they've scored 3 runs or less, longest streak in over 20 years). If there was even a 25% chance that Martinez could have scored on the Castro double, you have to take the shot - because the odds of this offense scoring another run before the Phils were quite low.

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

They showed that play at a great angle from behind third base so you could see where the ball was. I believe by the time JD actually got to third, the ball was already getting to the cut off man. I'm with you though, I wanted them to take a shot but it looked like he would have been out. I was mad Clark also put the stop sign up on JD's single. Bogey eventually scored due to the dropped ball by Pence but that was a situation I felt they should have gone for it the whole way. Oh well, tough loss and I had this feeling that Pence was going to make up for his error.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not fewer than 50ABs into a season. Thats panic button, especially with a game that involves so much luck. His BABIP is a ridiculously low .162 prior to this game. How often do you see a player with a lower BABIP than actual BA?

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

0-5 in extras.

7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Myers being passive aggressive?!?

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Well, farewell, Citizens Bank Park.

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

It's Houston sports karma, it almost never fails. :mad:

10. conquistador#11

I can see it in the magic 8 ball already. AFC championship: Texans v Ravens, schaub 330 yards 2tds and up 20 to 14 but having to punt with less than a minute to go....Jacoby returns it for a td. game over. =(

I'm still liking how the astros are playing. they have to learn to break out of the slump. Slump busters, sacrificing a chicken or whatever it takes. :p

11. bustanut82

bustanut82 Member

We don't have any power hitting players right now? There are those HRs??

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

it was. impossible to give clark credit though, because he put the stop sign up for bogusevic on the tying run with 2 outs (before pence dropped the ball), where that would have been nowhere close to an almost certain out. he's a lousy base coach, but i guess that's far down the list of this team's concerns at this point in time.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

For real...get excited for getting close, then bam!