1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Phillies

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I know the Piston were #2. I was saying if the Texans were Cleveland they would have taken Darko and when its all said and done they will have Darko aka Mario Williams. Just my opinion. Could be wrong but only time will tell.

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Terrible in the 2nd half, sacked 5 times, and terrible on 3rd down situations in the 2nd half. I dunno you tell me whats the difference. Oh yea and put 10pts on the board.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Come back at the end of the season? and the next 3 yrs? and hear more about "give it time, he's improving" like I have heard about DAVID CARR the past 4 yrs here? Oh give him more time we have a new offense lets pay this dude $8mil :rolleyes: to stay around .......

Yeah I know it has only been 1 game but just my opinion and others that has seen him play so far he mite have a chance to be "GOOD" but not "DOMINATE" and he was the #1 pick over REGGIE BUSH!!

Hey I was all for Yao when we drafted him because I thought he was the best guy avaible marketing wise/ talent wise too in that draft, there wasn't a "LEBRON aka REGGIE BUSH" in that draft also.

and if MARIO gets 3 sack vs MANNING in this upcoming game I'll put $50 in the Clutchfan jartip ...... but can I say if he gets 0 sack you give me $1 ? I would take that bet on.

Look I'm been a die-hard Houston fan but I just want to make it known when MISTAKES ARE MADED yeah we have to live with it that's the fustration part.
    Is like hearing people in Detriot that Harrington would turn it around or Darko will too in their first 2 yrs.

So, I guess I'll just wait another 2 yrs to found out Mario was the wrong pick and when they decide NOT to resign David Carr in 08' then the Texans would move in a NEW DIRECTION and a la Tim Couch .... Carr will be GONE!

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I guess you didn't read that part where I wrote "which should get better with time." This is a re-tooled OL that is playing in a brand new scheme, other than Flanagan, no other OL has had experience with zone-blocking.

I agree that having nothing at QB won't do you any good, that's why I wanted VY so badly. But I never bought the argument that Bush would completely turn our offense around and turn Carr into a star QB. As I posted above, Kubiak was able to do wonders for Plummer, so I'm willing to give Kubiak the benefit of the doubt with Carr.

All I'm saying is give it at least a couple games before you start throwing Mario under the bus, if he is still sucking by Week 5-6, then you can bash all you want, but one game does not make a career (especially his first).

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Oh ok i see what you saying.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

patience is a virtue...unfortunately thats few and far between now in days.

the best way to judge the season is pay particularly close to the second half of the season. Then, we will see what this team can really do.

7. Luckyazn

Yup is like telling Arizona , Detriot, Cleveland fans to be patience all these years but they think the maded the RIGHT CHOICES?? :rolleyes:

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Matt Leinart's a bust.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

getting it on with another man??? i hope your that guy from the radio cuz you just stole quote

10. gucci888

One thing I could guarantee is that they aren't throwing Leinart, Sims, and Wimbley into the bust pile after the first game.

11. Luckyazn

I didnt steal the quote I said "As mention in the other thread" I'm repeating what was said

12. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I guess the whole problem is that he hasn't even shown the slightest hint that he might do anything. Not a flash. It appears as though he has good size and strength so he could physically dominate in college. But this is the ******* National Football League, the opponents are just as big and strong as he is. The point is he has shown ZERO pass rushing skills. In 4 preseason games and the Eagles game, he hasn't shown the slightest swim move or spin, he hasn't used his arms once.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Deleted

#53 Smokey, Sep 13, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  14. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Bust or not a bust..

Watching Reggie do everything he does would have been 10x better than watching Mario..

Returning, catching, running..

Anything entertaining would of helped, anyway the Texans can find a way to get the ball out of Carr's hands and into someone else's would be way more entertaining.

Should of picked Bush.

15. gucci888

Rushing Offense: 15th in the NFL

Rushing Defense: 32nd in the NFL (dead last)
    Passing Defense: 24th in the NFL
    Total Defense: 31st in the NFL (second to last)

Bush maybe more entertaining, but there was nothing fun about watching teams run all over us last season.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you mean like philly did on sunday? :D

17. gucci888

Actually...Philly passed all over us on Sunday. :p

18. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

We haven't really seen the run defense yet. Philly doesn't run the ball, but when they did they were pretty effective. The Colts probably won't run much either depending on how they start out, they sucked rushing against NY. We will get to see how good the run d is in week 3 when we face Joe Gibbs and Clinton Portis with Washington.

19. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The Texans showed more defense at the Alamo.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You know one of the reasons that the Texans defense was so bad last year was that their OFFENSE could not stay on the field........the defense got tired.

DD