1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Phillies

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Please place all Mario Williams opinions in here. All related threads will be merged.
    I'm tired of seeing 4 threads on the front page with all the same arguments over and over.

#1 Castor27, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Bump to get this to the top of the forum.

3. Buck Turgidson

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

So, WIll Mario Williams take till midseason to get good?

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I admit it...The Texans messed up. :rolleyes:

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'll admit that being a fan takes heart.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Everything about Mario...Let's see, well, so far I'm unimpressed, but its still early...Do I wish he had Bush, Hell-frreakin'-Yes...carry on...

8. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Defensive Ends are harder to find than running backs. Mario Williams looked a little overwhelmed, but I am sure he'll turn it around in the next game.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Thank you, Castor27. This is probably the last time I'll click on this thread.

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Like posted in the other thread:

Watching Reggie Bush highlights is like watching a tape of your wife getting it on with another man.

This isnt about Mario being just "GOOD" or not, he better be "DOMINATE" because we pased up BUSH for him.

CLEVELAND BROWNS:

1999 #1 pick - QB Tim Couch
    2000 #1 pick - DE Courtney Brown

1999: 2-14
    2000: 3-13
    2001: 7-9
    2002: 9-7
    2003: 5-11

HOUSTON TEXANS:
    2002 #1 pick - QB David Carr
    2006 #1 pick - DE Mario Williams

2002: 4-12
    2003: 5-11
    2004: 7-9
    2005: 2-14
    2006: 0-1

hmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Not even after Mario starts to play better? Of couse you won't see see since that was your "last time". :D

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Lucky :

Here's what I posted to you in the other thread --

we had a chance to grab a few QB's and you said we shouldn't. you said Carr would be good enough. now you're back to telling us Carr is as bad as you said he was last season.

for what it's worth, i think the texans made a mistake, too. i would have drafted a QB. i don't think this team had a chance in hell of being a playoff team this year...they have holes all over the place with lots of young talent. so this idea that we just couldn't wait on a young QB to develop was silly to me.

but you're all over the place on this issue.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Lucky- Weren't you the one saying this summer that Carr could get the job done and thats why we need Bush. But now you're talking like you've known Carr would be a bust the entire time. Why did you want Bush so bad when there were 2 star QBs in the draft? Especially since you knew Carr was a bust.

BTW, how did you feel after Yao's first game in the NBA? Did you start a "The Rockets made a mistake, just admit it" thread?

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We can't freaking compare the 2 after 1 game....so everyone can stop trying to act like ESPN and jump on Bush's nuts....lets wait it out over at least a course of a season. The guy is a rookie and will take time to learn the tricks like the rest of the great DE have. None of them were good until later in their careers.

15. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

It's not Carr's fault

16. MadMax

like by the end of their first year. the peppers comparison is one i've heard made a lot. peppers, i believe, was defensive rookie of the year and finished with about 12 sacks.

one of the arguments for drafting a defensive end was immediate impact. it was said that a guy like this could immediately make your defense better, whereas guys on the other side of the ball need more time to learn and develop. so that's the expectation. i hope he will do just that.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

But don't you see Stack...Mario had to be dominate in his very first game in the NFL or he was forever going to be a bust!! :mad: :rolleyes:

18. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This is the exerpt from The Daily Texan proving again that they will let about anyone write an article.

19. MadMax

Look...I think we all know, Williams better be damn good. He doesn't need to be best of all time. But this franchise desperately needs him to be damn good.

20. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Madmax: I only said or thought maybe Carr might be good enough IF we would had gotten BUSH instead. Adding Bush to a Kubiak offense might had require Carr to do less in the system, but now without DD also Carr is back to trying to lead the team offensively by himself WHICH HE CAN"T! Its been almost 5 yrs now wonder how long it took some Cleveland's fans to relies that TIM COUCH SUCKS and yeaaaah didnt he had a 3,000+ yrd season too?