1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 1, 2010.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Yea, that's what I read over at TCB, too. I only saw part of the AB.

Meanwhile, for the 2nd consecutive night, our pen blows it after a dominant performance by our starter.

On the other side, SD's pen is awesome even though they coughed away the first game.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

The D-backs have given up 7 runs in 3 innings.

0 earned. 5 errors.

You barely ever see that even at the lowest levels of the minors. I have to catch those highlights.

3. HookemHorns1250

Was this Gibson's first night? Or was it last night? Can't remember, but if it was...ouch.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

And it's Puma delivering in the clutch.

5. HookemHorns1250

Go ahead run on 3rd with 0 outs, and your 3-4 hitters can't get the ball out of the infield. Unreal.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

And then giving up a walk-off win..... that about sums up the 2010 Astros.

7. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

We suck balls.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Two key failure points in this game:

1. Navarro blowing it in the 4th. Should've taken the easy out at 1st or been more aggressive on that routine ground ball.

2. As stated above, failing to get Berkman home from 3rd with no outs in the 8th. Lee had a particularly heinous AB.

I didn't expect anything offensively from Navarro despite his good numbers at RR. I did think he would be a solid SS though. He makes almost every play look harder than it needs to be and seems to have a weak arm. It's not that big of a deal this season but I'm sure Mills has him on a short leash at this point. Sanchez looks like our best SS at the moment and would expect him to start getting the majority of starts if Navarro doesn't get it together quickly.

Myers was outstanding and deserved a better fate. They had no choice but to pull him despite throwing only 70 pitches. The SD bullpen is the best in the NL and you have to do everything you can to increase your scoring chances against them. If he had the lead, he might've pitched a CG SO the way he was going today.