1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Remember, no PBP in these threads and keep the chatter on topic (if it is about something other than this series, talk about it in another thread).

6-29 Roy Oswalt, RHP (3-4, 4.30) vs. Josh Geer, RHP (1-2, 5.86) 9:05 on FSN

6-30 Mike Hampton, LHP (4-5, 4.70) vs. Josh Banks, RHP (0-0, 2.84) 9:05 on FSN

7-1 Brian Moehler, RHP (4-4, 6.05) vs. Walter Silva, RHP (0-1, 9.35) 9:05 on FSN

7-2 Wandy Rodriguez, LHP (6-6, 3.35) vs. Kevin Correia, RHP (5-5, 4.23) 2:35 on FSN

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Roy is long overdue for a shutdown performance.

The middle 2 matchups might be pushes, considering the caliber of both starters.

Wandy has been performing a little better on the road. I think that the cave known as Petco will help him out quite a bit.

All 4 games will probably be of the typical Petco variety... a low to moderate amount of runs scored, and an obvious dearth of home runs.

Lance looks like he's coming back to form. Sweet. :D

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree. i like the pitching matchups...i dont like 9:05 start times on weekdays. :)

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm feeling a 4 game sweep. I wish Paulino was getting a start this series instead of Moehler.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

lol... true. I never look forward to West Coast trips...

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They start at 10:05 for me, so I know I'll be checking the boxscore in the morning.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

No Peavy? No losing.

Banks/Hampton is the only match-up that I have some misgivings about. Banks isn't anything special, that's for sure, but I'm not sure how well Hampton will hit his stride back in the rotation.

4-game sweeps are difficult, too, so I'm going to also say 3 out of 4. Something like: WLWW

9. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I go with the consensus

WLWW and we're right back into things

Unfortunately these games are a 3am start for me so no chance I can watch them

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Don't they archive games on MLB.TV? I've never used it but I thought I read that somewhere.

Or is it impossible for you to avoid seeing the score until you have time to watch the replay?

11. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Yeah, they archive games so I could watch it after work tomorrow.

It's not so much a case of being impossible, it's more a case of avoiding temptation not to look at the score lol.

With these games I tend to wake up half hour early and skip the archive forward an inning at a time then watch the last 1 or 2 innings if it's close. I just know that I won't survive 8 hours at work without sneaking a peak.

12. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Also, my girlfriend is round tomorrow night and she really resents me trying to watch baseball instead of pay attention to her. Bloody women lol.

I have no chance of watching 3 hours of baseball tomorrow evening. I'd be murdered before the 5th inning.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

wwww. this is really where it ges turned around. and with the yao news today, they need to really wow me with a sweep right here or i may be taking a month's hiatus from sports.

14. BrooksBall

^^^

Gotcha, stobbart. On the bright side, at least the Astros aren't a West Coast team where you'd be facing this dilemma a lot more often.

15. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I actually like the late starts. It allows me to spend time with the family and then put my daughter to bed. Then i get to settle in and watch my beloved stros.

16. BrooksBall

Geer is throwing 85 mph fastballs. Let's punish him.

17. BrooksBall

The Cubs and Brewers won. The Cards are getting owned by Little Timmy. I've watched most of the game. Lincecum is just incredible (duh). 2 hits, no walks through 8 on only 89 pitches.

Edit: Timmy with a 95 pitch, 2 hit, CG shutout. Didn't walk a batter either. 1 of the 2 hits was a bloop. The other was a Pujols mash off the left field wall.

#17 BrooksBall, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love petco park. Went to see the stros there a couple times. great weather + baseball= awww.

19. BrooksBall

That was Roy's bad inning. Let's get him some run support and win this thing. We can't let Geer shut us out like this.

20. BrooksBall

That'll work. Thank you, Pudgy. Heck of a drive there.