1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Mar 30, 2008.

1. MadMax

MadMax Member

you realize that star hitters don't get a hit in about 7 out of every 10 at bats they have,right?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

But do they all have to go hitless at the same time? I thought the point of having star hitters was so that if one is struggling the others pick him up.

DD

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

It's 1 game out of 162, right?

4. msn

msn Member

Well 3 out of 4, so far. :D

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Well that series was the exact opposite of what I expected for Houston this year. I thought we'd have no problem scoring runs while having a hard time putting the lid on other lineups.

Our pitching has actually performed OK so far, and the hitting has been kind of mediocre. Of course, its just one series against on of the best pitching staffs in baseball.

Astros staff has a 3.75 E.R.A. and loses 3 out of 4 with this lineup. I guess that's baseball.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

weird game, to be sure.

i love love love our chances if this is what we're going to get from our pitching. i realize how doubtful that is.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

It's only one series, but expected to split...Need more hitting, which I agree, I thought that wouldn't be the problem...

8. Buck Turgidson

I think the pitching will be better than most do, but this series really skewed any view of either the pitching or the hitting: playing in a great pitchers' park against a team with great pitching & a pretty weak offense.

9. MadMax

MadMax Member

I agree 100%. Probably more so than any one park/team combo in all of baseball.