1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's that time once again! Remember, no PBP in these threads and keep the chatter on topic (if it is about something other than this series, talk about it in another thread).

Probables:

3-31 Roy Oswalt, RHP (0-0, -.--) vs. Jake Peavy, RHP (0-0, -.--) 9:05 on FSN/ESPN2

4-1 Brandon Backe, RHP (0-0, -.--) vs. Chris Young, RHP (0-0, -.--) 9:05 on my20

4-2 Wandy Rodriguez (0-0, -.--) vs. Greg Maddux (0-0, -.--) 9:05 on FSN

4-3 Shawn Chacon (0-0, -.--) vs. Randy Wolf (0-0, -.--) 2:35 on FSN

2. leroy

leroy Member

WWLL

Oswalt and Backe pitch solidly.

GO ASTROS!

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I hate the West Coast. And My20.

4. wstar

wstar Member

Be interesting to see how the bats fare in the 1st 2 games (vs. Peavy, Young) and then in the next 2 games (vs. Maddux, Wolf). The Padres also shouldn't be much of an offensive team - so maybe with the big ballpark, the Astros might even get their other 3 starters a little confidence heading into Chicago and heading home.

No matter your realistic expectations - it's still very hard not to get excited about baseball season finally arriving.

5. Uprising

Uprising Member

WHOOOOO!!!! Finally! It's here! Go STROS!!!

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

This is all offense against all pitching and defense. The thing that worries me is that good pitching often beats good hitting.

I'll be at all four games so I'm hoping for at least a split, but winning the series would just be awesome.

7. msn

msn Member

WWWW

Dope springs eternal!

8. russian88

russian88 Member

9. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

LWWW....i love roy o but peavy is a beast....by the way does anyone know of website where i can watch astros games online for free??? im in ny and miss the astros.....

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

LWWL.. can take advantage of old-man Maddux, but I think Wolf pitches well..

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

WLWL

peavy been having sore shoulder lately right?

12. mokulen

mokulen Member

<a href="http://www1.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=baseball">link</a>

I think the streams are usually posted on their forum first. <a href="http://www.myp2pforum.eu/mlb/">link</a>

This one looks interesting but I've never caught games on it. <a href="http://atdhe.fr/6.html">link</a>

Does channelsurfing.net ever carry MLB games?

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

Man it's weird seeing Backe slotted into the number 2 spot in the rotation with Wandy as the number 3. Really puts things into perspective. But with the offense all we really need for them to do is give quality starts instead of pitching lights out like in the past.

Am worried about the defense though...hopefullly they got the sloppy play out of their systems in spring training.

15. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Member

WLWW

Excited about tomorrow. Kinda wish it were an afternoon game at MM. Hopefullly we can go on a win streak to catch the first place National for Home Field advantage in the playoffs.

16. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I am so ready for the astros to start playing! I watched the whole nationals vs braves game tonight. baseball is back

17. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

WLLW. Wish this game was earlier in the day as well. I'm glad it's on ESPN though.

18. sm0d

sm0d Contributing Member

yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

19. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

werd.

20. juicystream

juicystream Member

Hopefully we can get the season started out right. I think we go LWWW. Although I hope Roy can get a win in the first game, to help him in his push to finally win a Cy Young.