1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 17, 2007.

1. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Tough loss, oh well... we get the Nationals tomorrow.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That was soreness in his upper chest... different from his oblique, if I understand correctly.

3. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

His last injury:
    "Oswalt left Friday's game in the seventh inning after suffering from a costochondral irritation, which is basically a strain in the upper area of his chest, near the right breastbone."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070721&content_id=2101121&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

His current injury:
    "This is the first oblique I've had," he said. "The year before, I had intercostal [strain], as far as ribs. I knew how far I could push myself with it. This one is a little different. You tear an oblique, you can miss four or five weeks. I don't think I tore it, but it doesn't feel well."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_rec...tent_id=2156800&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

4. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Lamb made a couple of outstanding plays at 1B to make up for his 2 errors a couple of nights ago. Twiggy actually helped turn a double play. None of it matters since we lost. We really need the Cubs to lose tonight. :(

Lamb
    1-for-4, 1 RBI, 0 BB, 0 K, 1 LOB

Wigginton
    0-for-3, 0 RBI, 0 BB, 0 K, 1 LOB

5. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

They have some good pitchers, but we need a sweep.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Moreland's career stats

JR Richard's career stats

Looks like they overlapped for 2 years, and Moreland probably faced him in '79 and '80...during JR's prime, so I am sure he probably knows a little about him.

I looked up Moreland's stats vs pitchers and didn't see any ABs against JR and the same for JR against Moreland.

He did say he was the best pitcher he ever saw, maybe he only faced him in Spring training? Who knows.....still it was a good compliment.

DD

#86 DaDakota, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  7. BigTex

BigTex Member

whats the story on juan gutierrez, any potential?

8. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

He pitched a scoreless inning w/ a K and 2 quick groundouts. There is hope yet.