1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 17, 2007.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

and your post ... damn it ... now my post too.

2. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

& this one too ... nice to see The Clap still being a COMPLETE TOOL.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Oswalt missed a game 2 weeks ago with the same injury, and came back and pitched 3 more stellar outings before last night.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You always lose a lot of posters when there is nothing to b**** about. That's the way life works. Some people just like to b**** and are terrible at the compliments. lol

Good job, Lidge. I'm glad you found your mechanics again. You have some bad luck with those HR balls but you are "doing one heckuva job, Brownie" (Bush). lol

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Let's hope they ARE all alright, & we can do make it interesting. Ya never know.

7.5 out of first, & 4 from the cellar.

A "certain person" would rather wait around for a week & say "Itoldyaso! Itoldyaso!" like an immature know-it-all everytime his boy does what he gets paid to do, than band together for the stretch.

Waste energy trying to tell people what kind of fan they are, even though he's never seen J.R. Richard pitch, & probably never even saw Nolan Ryan in an Astros uni either! :rolleyes:

'Tever. Post away on Saturday night, Clap. You rock. We don't. :rolleyes:

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Wait around for a week? No. He's been doing this essentially all year long. Being an "immature know-it-all" would be waiting for one poor result after 3-4 dominating months, and then acting like that result is representative of how that player has performed throughout that time.

And tenure following a team speaks nothing to the kind of fan someone is. I know people that have followed the Astros back from the Jimmy Wynn days, and they're complete idiots when it comes to actually understanding baseball.

By the way, I find it particularly ironic that you're apparently calling me out for making a post "on Saturday night," yet your initial whine and crybaby act regarding Lidge came from a post... on Saturday night a week ago. You really have a special ability to call people out and get on your high horse without as much as providing a shred of actual analysis as to why you think the things you think. I'm impressed.

7. The Cat

Actually, Lidge was ready to come off the DL after his 15 days from the oblique. It was healed. What made him stay out two weeks longer was a re-aggravation of his right knee injury (which he ices before every game and will have to have surgery on after the season).

That said, Lidge's recovery was a very quick one... in some cases (Jake Westbrook), it's been as long as 57 days. And it might be different with a starting pitcher -- I'm not sure. It might be the nail in the coffin.

8. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

His injury was different. He said he's never had an oblique strain before, so he doesn't know what to expect as far as recovery.

9. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

We can rebuild him.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Are they alright? :eek: :confused: :(

11. tomato

tomato Member

I saw a picture of Ty Wigginton picking up Kalil Green, somebody please explain :(

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Gene,

I live in Austin and ran into Keith Moreland the other day, he is a local radio guy and used to be an outfielder for the Phillies I think.

I asked him about JR Richard, and he said he was by far the hardest pitcher he ever faced.

Said he was so long that the ball looked like he was just handing it to the catcher and his slider was NASTY.

Too bad the team did not believe JR when he said he had a dead arm.....if they found that clot, they could have removed it, and he would have been out about 2 weeks, instead of going through a minor stroke, losing his career and almost his life.

What an amazing pitcher he was.......nasty.

DD

13. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

AWESOME!

As was he.

I was just a kid, but man ... he was my fave. I remember that summer well. Watched him start & dominate as the NL All-star starter from a hotel room in Nags Head NC, & then it went downhill shortly thereafter. :(

Very sad. :(

I'm trying to think of a starter right now, that we could compare that situation to, if they went down & never really pitched again. Santana? Zambrano?

Those guys, while great ... I don't know ... it just doesn't seem like it could compare to a player of J.R.'s talent getting cut down in their prime like that.

We would have had Him, Ryan, Sutton, Niekro ... who else did we have? I should look it up. Insane talent!

Cat - lick the sack.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Berkman goes yard, again.

A sweep of the Friars would be great heading home to see the Nats.

15. The Cat

Stay classy, Gene.

It's kind of strange how Munson is batting behind Lane and Bruntlett in the lineup, but ultimately I doubt that makes a huge difference. This would be a huge one to take, considering Lee is out and Albers is pitching.

16. TMac640

Gene, your posts are well thought out and reasoned. Good job, lmao.

17. TMac640

Nice to see berkman go yard, it might just be our only hit of the game :cool:

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

I think Richards was gone before Moreland even made it to the majors. :confused:

19. Little_Scott

Little_Scott Member

Wow, that was a great throw by Burke!...see what we can do now that Maddux is out.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

An oblique strain was the reason he missed his start a couple of weeks ago... its likely the same one.