1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official}Astros or former Astros named in Mitchell report

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

clemens is an ass. so is his son.

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rich Garces on steroids?

3. msn

msn Member

Well, speaking for myself, sure I thought there was a chance. A significant chance. But I hoped it wasn't the case. And I argued vociferously against people who stated dogmatically that it was "fact" based upon their observations from a freaking TV screen and I don't regret it.

4. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Steroided burritos ;)

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I wonder what would be the bigger list, Baseball players who took steriods or NBA players who smoke weed?

Baseball players on roids FTW!!!!

6. msn

msn Member

"Once".

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Knowing an NBA player personally, I'm going with NBA players...at least percentage wise.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think you're giving this report a lot more credit than it deserves. We'll see who it names and, more importantly, how it substantiates those names, soon enough.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

And not to point the finger at the Diamondbacks alone, but we could probably go down the list of WS winners the past decade and show how their cornerstones were completely 'roided-up. The 2002 matchup alone, Bonds (and probably Kent and Aurilia too) vs Glaus and that nasty Angels bullpen (which included Donnelly and Schoeneweis, what a surprise), was a battle of who could down the most steroids and growth hormones. 2003 was A-Rod, Sheffield, Giambi, Aaron Boone, Clemens, and Pettitte against Beckett, Penny, Pavano, Lee, and Lowell (AJ Burnett was out that year, I wonder why). 2004 was Pujols Rolen Edmonds Carpenter Isringhausen against Manny Ortiz Varitek Damon and co (I didn't name Pedro because he is one of three guys I am adamant about who are innocent, the other two being Biggio and Oswalt. Just look at their body types if you want justification). 2005 as we all remember was Clemens and Pettitte and Ensberg--maybe Fat Elvis gets a bye too for being farmer strong--against Konerko, Dye, AJ Pieroidsrageski, Buerhle, and Freddy Garcia.

EVERYONE I named has either already been accused of steroid use, will be accused within the next couple hours, or deserves accusation because of their body types + unnatural career arcs.

10. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Hey, baseball turned the other cheek. No big deal. This list probably isn't even the tip of the iceberg, though.

11. msn

msn Member

That is freaking awesome.

As to the rest of your take, I have to disagree with implicating guys just because of what their bodies look like.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Would the number of NBA players who toke up, be higher than we expect? :D

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, there is that. I heard on the radio that some of the names on the list are actually just guesses by team officials without any actual witnessed abuse to go on. If that were true, then I would be pissed at Mitchel for putting those names on the list unless he openly states there is no real evidence or witnesses.

And I'm with msn. It's not that I didn't allow that there was a chance Bagwell roided...it's just that I wanted to believe the best in him for the reasons I detailed in my last post. I felt that, more than anyone else that could be suspected, he had valid excuses for what seemed like evidence to his use. Are they going to post the full text report on the web for everyone to read?

14. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

An inside source told me years ago, I mean years ago, that Craig Biggio, Ken Caminiti, Roger Clemens, Jeff Bagwell, and Luis Gonzales did the 'roids.

Clemens' son Koby also was supposedly on steroids in high school at Memorial.

Looking at those names, I'd throw in Andy Pettitte and Steve Finley to the list, but my source did not give me those 2 names, so they could be clean.

15. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Don't be so quick to judge. Everyones agenda may be different. Especially in the case of HGH versus "steroids" and what each individual may be looking to accomplish by using.

16. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

That's something you should likely know already. Mitchell had no ability to use testing or subpena power, so, the names on the list have basically come from people ratting out other people.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

boo-freaking-hoo.... if bagwell's name being brought up in steroid allegations upsets you, you need to take a step back and throw away those astros-colored glasses that are apparently attached to your face. this comes as no surprise as all the evidence was RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE'S FACE FOR YEARS.

i'm just amazed by how naive and, dare i say, ignorant so many people have been regarding this issue. honestly, i would've been more shocked had bagwells name NOT appeared on the list.

this list is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the amount of players who are/were cheating over the past 15-20 years.

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

If true, there goes Bagwell's HOF chances... :(

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I bet none of the players on the list end up first ballot HOFers, now. Clemens will still make it to Cooperstown, but maybe enough voters will leave him off the first year to send a message.

20. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

supposedly bags, cammy, kile, rocket and andy are all on it