1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If the years are reasonable I am absolutely on board with this. It is great insurance and is much more valuable than another bat. I really believe we are going to let Bergman and Tucker walk. Let’s make sure we make the most out of our next two years and I’m confident we will be able to stay competitive for the rest of the decade.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I am getting this sinking feeling that Arlington, South OK, is going to sign both Snell and Montgomery to try and run it back on us. In a way their obsession with being better than us will screw them in the long-run, but honestly who gives a **** if you get another Championship right?

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

YESSIR!

4. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

I'm thinking he gets at least 5 years. Crane is willing to do 5.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I sincerely believe their financial constraints are too real for this. The RSN crisis that’s coming for all of them is hitting Oklahoma particularly hard right now.

Close friend from Denver texted me today to say that Rockies baseball is now available for local in market streaming for $99 for the season or $199 for the season bundled with the out of market MLBTV package. They have a CSN Houston thing going there right now where they can’t watch the freaking world champion Nuggets in Denver for the most part.

6. Buck Turgidson

Uhhhh...yes?

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I'm really hoping we get him or Montgomery. Preferably Snell. Por que no los dos? :)

8. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I say go out and get insurance for Verlander. It’s possible he and the team know at 40, he can’t be depended on for 162 plus the post-season anymore and will react cautiously to any early season injury concerns like we’re hearing today. Check on Snell. Check on Cease.

everyday eddie and desihooper like this.
  9. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Go get Snell

J_Hunter_1977 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Sign Bauer for the league minimum. He was falsely accused. We need an Innocence Project intervention for this man who has been condemned falsely in the court of public opinion. Imagine if he were a black man falsely imprisoned. Many would feel differently about his evidence-free charges (not charges in the legal sense because despite a year plus long investigation, he was NOT charged).

12. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

I don't think some people realize Astros fans hated Bauer before those allegations. When they happened it made it worse. So if they were true or not made no difference to me. The disrespect he has shown the Astros organization. Screw that guy.

13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

You need to look at the whole story more

He wasn’t falsely accused, he even admitted to chocking her out during sex. He is a sickening b*stard who needs to be far away from the Astros

Nook, ScrewstonStros, GOATuve and 4 others like this.
  14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

He’s got his Breggy Salsa for the dollars!!

The Beard likes this.
  15. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

Bauer - No
    Snell / Montgomery - you want another ring or not...?
    Bellinger - stay in the NL bc thats your comfort zone homie (matter of fact... just go sign w the Dodgers, Mets, Braves, Cards, D-bags)
    Martinez - you back up 3B and can be a solid 1B replacement/addition??? (emphasis on the last part, bc... well, #uncertainty)

I expect this year to be a call-back of the 2017/2018 seasons bc I have this creeping suspicion we are going to do a few vet min / trade deadline deals in which packages our team setup for those deserving and for those needing to find a landing spot (although even for a brief minute), to contribute to a championship caliber (aka RUN-THAT-MF-BACK-LIKE-A-RELENTLESS-HOOKER-ON-THE-BISSY-TRACK-WHO-DOESNT-BREAK-A-WHORESWEAT-POPPING-OFF-SHOTS-AT-THE-MF-SUMMIT*)
    *sorryd|cks... I saw Aerosmith/Collective Soul, Chili Peppers/Foo Fighters & Tool in that place....
    (along with the Rockets championships-- there is a WHHHOOOOLE-nother SIDE to the Lakewood building over there on the 59S).

We can get Bauer and some of these other scrubs a job at Magic Island.
    Some of those top 25 free-agents... I blame Scott Boras.
    If I'm him, I ask my client-players: hey *******-- do you WANT a ring or some cultural recognition or you just want to scrub out & be a wh0re (<--- wow didnt know there was a censure on \^/H0R3) for some team who aint about to be there anytime soon...??

(sidebar: just like when AJ80 said, "CJ-7's been making him think about come out of retirement") -- no matter how tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic or "he's just joking man" you wanna try to argue... he has a point and we all (along with JJ99) have thought more than once about them returning to action / returning to Houston...
    Especially when you know you have THE team that is the closest thing to perfect as you can get -- proven org & what seems to be one of the most talented starting lineups in the past 15-20yrs, clutch & humble && hometown/fan-centric players, upside y/o/y... who needs to even argue (other than Scott BoreUs and his stable of elite egomaniacs)

((all you 'ballers': what are you waiting for...?!?!? you gonna get that ring and be immortalized in sports history / city of Houston MF Texas... or does the money matter more...?))

#4655 InTheGroove, Feb 14, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  16. Buck Turgidson

Yall Houston honkeys need to stop buying Pace and start buying Breggy's Bland Brand instead

17. Kphorns14

Kphorns14 Member

Bregman, Framber, Tucker, two of these three will be gone within a couple of years. I think bregman is the one that stays. Simply because there is no replacement in sight, and I think the organization feels that they do have one for tucker in Baez. His production in the minors this year could determine a lot. I personally would start preparing to shop Framber for top prospects after this season, but with the goal of signing an Ace level FA. Easier said than done

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Stop virtue signaling — there’s was a consensual experience. No crime. Bauer is being held to a false standard that far exceeds other ASTRO players.

Stephen66, panamamyers and roadtrip like this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Strange Sexual lifestyles (S/M and rough sex) just makes me question Their Mental Well Being.

Just taking it to an absurd level, if you agree to take out a "Contract" to kill yourself, does that absolve the killer? And this gets into a lot of things beyond letting Bauer play for the Astros, so I'll leave it there.

#4659 Marshall Bryant, Feb 15, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  20. Buck Turgidson

Huh.

The Beard likes this.