1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

How soon is Lance and Garcia expected to return?

If they're projected early-May latest the Astros don't need as many BP arms. They'll have a significant amount of starters, thus a couple BP arms who can pitch multi-innings almost every appearance. Instead of using assets for additional BP guys, Astros should sign a significant LF. Sousa balled hard and is cheap. See what he can do and also see an impact LF during the process.

raining threes likes this.
  2. mikefast

mikefast Member

Pierce's contract with the Rockies contained language that he would become an XX(B) free agent following the final game of the 2023 World Series.

travfrancis, Bregatron, Nook and 7 others like this.
  3. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Dude! Awesome! Thanks so much for popping back in, please post more.

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Imagine having to face Altuve/Soto/Yordan to start the game.

Radricky, mikol13, AKVerse47 and 3 others like this.
  5. raining threes

Hopefully Crane doesn't listen to Bags.

Stephen66 and everyday eddie like this.
  6. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Apparently, teams still haven’t figured out Diaz is a free swinger and never walks. Hopefully they don’t figure out about Baseball Savant!

Lmao it’s Hey Now…what do you expect though

IBTL, Stephen66 and everyday eddie like this.
  7. raining threes

Counting on LMJ and Garcia is fools gold

I wish Brown could move LMJ so his money could be used elsewhere.

jim1961 and everyday eddie like this.
  8. raining threes

Counting on LMJ and Garcia is fools gold

I wish Brown could move LMJ so his money could be used elsewhere.

eliefor3 likes this.
  9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Is none of the above a choice?

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

MLB team don't take on full salary... They pay to get rid of guys (or pay for more prospects).

You really have a weird tendency to just get rid of any/all pitching they have. You've already dumped Framber for nothing, now you want to get rid of LMJ for nothing... basically you're envisioning going into 2024 with a rotation of JV, Javier, Urquidy and France... lol.

11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

We need to hire a bi lingual psychiatrist ASAP. Just to get Framer and Tucker back on tract would be huge.

Don't know what is wrong with Framer. As one poster posted , he saw firsthand Framer attempting to absentmindedly or purposefully steal candy bars from a grocery store. Either way is not a good indication of where Framer's head is nowadays. Maybe next year with Diaz catching him instead of Moldo something will click and he will return to being dominant instead of being unpredictable basket case.

Tucker, OTOH I don't know what's going on with him. He lead the league in RBI's last year but shriveled up to nothing but a shell of himself when we really needed him in the playoffs. He just looked like a deer in the headlights at the plate. No confidence whatsoever. How does a player deteriorate offensively like that? Defensively he seemed to lack hustle and a bit shaky at times. Something is off with him as well.

We may already have a team psychiatrist. If not we need one. These two are the biggest examples of failure at the worst possible time. Others like Pena could benefit from some couch time. Hoping a new manger will light a fire and breath new attitude and hunger into this team.

12. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

13. CinematicFusion

Hard to wrap your mind around the Astros only needing to win 1 game out of 8 at home to either go to the World Series or win the World Series.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter... just get in and get in healthy... expanded playoffs makes the regular season less meaningful. Target is 90 wins.

15. lnchan

Supporting Member

Hopefully Bagwell is one of those friends of Crane that he listens to their advice to know what not to do.

16. raining threes

I'm not just dumping Framber, I'm trading him for pieces that I think can help win a championship. The reason I'm trading him is because his value is very high and I think he is a head case. I could be wrong.

LMJ is overpaid and always hurt. Are you depending on this guy? His money could be better spent elsewhere. Plus you should get a decent prospect in return.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I hope they win more than 90 next year. Being able to rest guys the final week and getting the wild card bye is essential for a team with as much mileage on it as the Astros. Especially with them being one of the few teams that doesn't collapse in the division series after getting the bye. Reaching the World Series will be a lot easier if that trend continues.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao. The stealing candy bars from a store is an old joke.

Jake Tower likes this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd rather win 105 and go in heathy, like 2022.

Historical dominance and championships.

Astros are not the Dodgers.

20. lnchan

Supporting Member

I also don't want to do a panic move knowing Luis will be around at some point just to notch a few wins like picking up a Jake Odorizzi clone or trading assets for a C-list starter when we can still make it in -- assuming we don't self-sabotage by playing suboptimal players regularly at LF and C.