1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

JV and Correa in Dodgers blue next year. Ehhh, who cares!! NL will be scary strong next year.

Pringles likes this.
  2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

We play everybody with the new schedule. 6/23-6/25 @Dodgers.

Pringles likes this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I have little problem with JV signing with an NL team other than him not being an Astro.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Hope the Astros dont bother with CF or any player wanting more than a 2yr deal. McCormick is fine for now. Leon, Meyers could still develop into special players and Tucker is more than fast enough too cover that ground.

JV, Abreu or Bell, Brantley and Yuli. All off the books for when we reach a critical free agency period with guys like Tucker, Valdez, Bregman, Altuve, Pressly, etc.

Pringles and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  6. Pringles

Pringles Member

Oh this is great to note. Been waiting for a good excuse to go to LA to visit friends.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

If we sign Nimmo, then I think we need to back away from Brantley. I really would like to see Pedro Leon get meaningful time next year. He brings a huge base stealing threat and has a super strong arm in CF. Also has power. Very exciting prospect.

IowaAstro likes this.
  8. Qan

Qan Member

Verlander off to LA LA land for $140/3... would be funny

9. Nook

Nook Member

I don't disagree with most of this... I think I have talked about it on this board for months.

Just something to keep in mind though, Crane would rather take a hot fart to the face than give a comment to Jeff Passan.

There is about as good a chance of Click coming back as there is that Passan heard ANTHING from anyone currently in the front office of the team.

10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Seriously doubt the Dodgers will look for another high level starter after re-upping Kershaw for 20 mil with glaring holes at SS, 3B, LF & Bullpen. They are over the luxury tax with the Kershaw signing. And Urias enters free agency after 2023, Buehler after 2024. They will spend 250+ on Turner, Correa or Bogaerts (im certain)

Bregatron likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Should have gotten Luhnow on the phone.

12. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

If that’s the only move, OF/3B Corey Julks and RHP Jayden Murray are the primary risks to be taken in the Rule 5 draft. Pitchers Matt Ruppenthal and Julio Robaina would be less risks but at least on teams radars.

prospecthugger likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

We talked a month of so ago about Crane having a lot of people outside of the front office and coaching staff having some degree of influence on Jim Crane..... but I will tell you that he also has a close relationship with a couple of current players.

The issue I have with how this is all be portrayed is that Jim Crane isn't overly influenced by anyone. The decisions he makes are his own. He may respect the opinions of Bagwell and others, but no one is talking him into anything.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This was a Passan hit piece. Everything spun to make the Astros look bad for clicks when in reality Crane actually knows what the F he's doing.

desihooper and CisBuds4U like this.
  15. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Dusty the GM confirmed if this happens

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Doubt Nimmo happens. He's going to be crazy expensive and he's not a bona-fide star.

PuzzledFan likes this.
  17. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Nimmo would be nice but doesn't make a lot of sense. 1B/DH/C a priority. If we sign JV, I see us trading Urquidy or Garcia to shore up one of the other positions (like 1B if they aren't enamored with Bell or Abreu). Otherwise Brantley for DH sounds good. I think we roll with Chas & Myers & Leon in CF -- there is a lot of upside still to be had.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Brad Ausmus would likely be a disaster.

mikol13, jklb, JeeberD and 7 others like this.
  19. ktex

ktex Member

I hope we don't over pay for any of these guys.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Crane is baseball obsessed.

I don't really have an issue with Bagwell being heavily involved, he is extremely bright, and FWIW Crane was/is close to Roger Clemens and he was close to Nolan Ryan.

Brad Ausmus is bad news if he is the GM.... he isn't qualified to do that.