1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It's like he's doing a bit where he tries to see if every post he makes can be more clownish than the last. But the Gold Glove herp derp is my favorite so far. You have to sit back and tip your hat when you see a master like that work at the top of his craft.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is my favorite for you. Did you tell the managers and coaches to stop voting on the award since it's never mentioned for recognizing a player LOL. FOH

[​IMG]

3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

They don't actually have any young prospects at catcher that you would give a crap about blocking. Diaz isn't going to have the defensive chops or attention to detail to play the position and Lee is a JAG. If he becomes a backup that plays 50-70 games a year competently that's a real win, nothing to sneeze at, but you don't let it get in the way of signing a stud at the position that takes care of you for the next 4 years.
    Tucker isn't getting extended. They probably wouldn't/shouldn't extend Framber. Altuve is due for a pay cut if he wants years added to his deal. Bregman- I have no idea about. Cross that bridge when you get there I guess.
    Vazquez doesn't want to come back to be a backup. IF you could sign him for 2/20 or 3/27 I'd be super super happy- provided he was going to get the majority of the starts over Maldy.

4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

This award is so awesome and amazing, and the voters are so knowledgeable and impeccable that they once handed it to Raffy Palmiero at 1b in a year where he DH'd like 140 games and played the field 13 times.
    You need to wear around a big red nose and size 32 shoes bro.

Astrofan59 and Yordan The Great like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah Wulaw Horn should be voting on it rather than coaches and managers. Are you applying after next year to replace Dusty?

6. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Oh, now we are on to, but but but you aren't a coach bro. Sick burn. The GG is universally regarded as a **** award and the worst award given out. The old joke- I don't know if he's going to hit well enough to win the gold glove- says it all. The fact that you think any FO in the entire land is going to ever bring up "so and so won a gold glove" over their own internal stats or numbers is literally too rich for words and paints you in such an incredibly dim light that it's almost too sad to be funny. Almost, but not quite.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

that fact that you think a historical recognition isn't even thought about is laughable. leave it to random posters on CF's with their random ideas to tell someone what happens. oh who said they use it over numbers. The claim was it is never mentioned or thought about. once again another poster who doesn't follow the posts correctly and comes in to puts their 2 cents in without knowing wtf is going on

8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

You can continue to engage with me but I won't engage with you. You are going on my ignore b/c you have nothing of any interest to add to any discussion about anything that I would care to read. So, you can continue to ankle bite if you want, but I won't ever hear it or respond to it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

who gives af. losers like you who announce you're going on ignore are pathetic. nobody gives af. wah wah I'm going to put you on ignore. whoopty dooo

10. Major

Major Member

I think anyone who's followed the evolution of baseball and their front offices the last 10 or so years could tell you confidently that no front office would remotely even consider a GG award when deciding whether to sign a player or how much to pay them. Even the players know it's a joke - Correa pointed it out with Jeter this past offseason.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

again nobody said they use GG to decide whether or not to sign a player. The claim was GG isn't even mentioned or a thought period. nowhere did I say oh sign benintendi because he won a GG. I was talking about his defense as an outfielder and how damn good he is in LF. and in reality he is damn good out there

12. Landry's Tooth

Lee, as a 23 year old, had a .790 ops in AAA.

He'll be Peña's age in 2 years.

Among all catchers in AAA with 300 ABs he was 6th in OPS.

Not saying he's a superstar, but he could be a solid or better starter in the league for 15 years.

Part of the equation is defense and he's known for a quick release. His pitch framing is the main knock...

If he's a top 5-10 defensive catcher, hits .250 with 20 homers, then you have a player comparable to Contreras for virtually free for a few years.

Astrofan59 likes this.
  13. Major

Major Member

Except...

Stoic Rob and cmlmel77 like this.
  14. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I agree with the top of your post and Lee COULD become comparable to Contreras

But it's not likely.

I like Lee.

Pitch framing is going to be less and less valuable. Throwing will increase in value. Blocking and pitch calling will still be staples of value.

Lee could have a solid bat and I hope that happens.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

so read the entire post then

He isn't better. If he was, they wouldn't be looking for replacements and upgrades this entire time. Chas has even surpassed him. And yeah FO's definitely look at GG. I mean its something the entire league acknowledges and mentions. It's a league award. its common sense. I need a defensive outfielder. ok, I'll take a GG winner. It obviously has someone to do with defense

Like i said I was talking about his defense as an outfielder and how damn good he is in LF. and in reality he is damn good out there. It's a sarcastic mention to I'll take a GG winner because they at the very least recognize/acknowledge a player accolade with rich history. Does it say FO's look at GG and just use that to sign a player. No. when folks reach and don't follow conversations correctly, it isn't anyone else fault but theirs

16. Yordan The Great

Now THAT'S hilarious folks. Like I said they've gotten better on their selections, but back in the day wow what a complete joke.

Did Yolo defend the Jeter GGs?

I didn't go back and look.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah go back and look. You won't find anything. You've proven you don't follow posts well too just like your last one with me

Hilarious

#3157 YOLO, Dec 2, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

GG is atrocious and a terrible award. Why in the world did Yuli, Pena, Tucker win these per some folks on CF's. Coaches and Managers have no clue wtf they're looking at. These guys suck at defense lmao

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we won another championship

But this thread is pretty awful in championship years