1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 3, 2021.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

2. awc713

awc713 Member

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Korey Lee taking his job

phasors28, Marteen and Wulaw Horn like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You win....

awc713 likes this.
  6. awc713

awc713 Member

this time

bobrek likes this.
  7. Screaming Fist

Going to be hilarious to see the meltdown following Correa’s signing with the Yankees. Sounds like a matter of when and not if at this point if Baez signs with Detroit.

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

Always felt like the most predictable outcome even before he was a free agent.

Hope I'm wrong and it's not the Yankees.

9. Screaming Fist

Crane should leak a $180M! offer to Correa before he has a chance to sign with the Yankees to keep the unwashed masses in Houston off his back.

10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Link? Last I read Yankees can’t afford a top tier FA. If they aren’t paying Seager they sure as hell aren’t paying Correa.

The Beard likes this.
  11. Screaming Fist

There is a lot of smoke that Baez is heading to Detroit, which would make the Yankees the clear favorites to land Correa. It may not be until January though.

12. Screaming Fist

I also would like to retire the term “Mall Cops” from Astros’ fans lexicons. If the Astros are scared of paying a fraction of the price the Rangers paid in free agency (and for a better player nonetheless), then such a descriptor is simply inapposite.

Radricky likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Spending and spending wisely aren't the same.

Just because the Rangers are willing to spend a ton of money to put flashy rims on their 97 Corolla doesn't mean its something to be admired.

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Baez is finalizing a deal with Detroit that does not make Yankees favorites to land Correa. They have a $210.3 payroll and don’t want to dip any further. They have a monster contract too pay Judge in his final year before free agency as well as Chapman in his final year. Mega holes to fill at 1B, CF, the rotation behind Cole and the bridge to Chapman. Paying Correa $300 mil is beyond stupid for them. It’s not happening. End of story.

15. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Let me know when the Arlington Rangers pass the Astros in payroll. Even with their little spending spree they still trail the Astros by 50 million in estimated payroll....

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

i generally think you’re a smart guy and anyone that’s spent a lot of time in this forum would agree that Lunhow before the scandal was on track to be considered one of the best GMs in all of sports. But he was reviled by every journalist in the sport, obviously fostered a culture of win at all costs, and despite his success his boss threw him under the bus without thinking twice and he can’t get another job in the industry. When even idiots get recycled why the **** is he blackballed? It’s obvious that it’s cause of personality not competence.

I wish you’d either stop talking about him or Castro our Astro forum, would treat you like Crane treated Lunhow. This thread shouldn’t have Lunhow mentioned ever. It’s the 2021 offseason thread. Take a look at my post count and my join date and wonder how irritating someone has to be for me to post.

jiggyfly, crose, PavlovsDog and 4 others like this.
  17. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I agree

Too many people think George is still running the yankmees

18. Landry's Tooth

Just looking at payroll, brand, and potential need... if Detroit and NYY are out on Correa i would peg these teams as most likely..

Red Sox
    Cardinals
    Giants

Red Sox and Giants have shortstops but nothing special at 2b if they think Crawford or Boagerts can transition... Cardinals have been running DeJong out there last i checked... pressure on them to keep up with Brewers....

19. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

CBSsports reporting Baez and the Tigers on the verge of a 6 year deal

20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Make that 7