1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

But Hamilton will annoy more people with bad hitting. I would laugh so hard if Marisnick is replaced by an even worse hitter.

Jeremy Williams likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

That's the '12-13 Astros.

3. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If so, get it done. Maybe I'm the only one here not too high on Tucker. I see him slightly above average at best and Realmuto has already shown he can own major league pitching and he's pretty much the best catcher in all of MLB, in his prime. Let's do this! I'm going insane waiting for the dominoes to start to fall.

#1044 LonghornFan, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    mikol13 likes this.
  5. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I'm not against trading Tucker, but I want Kluber or Syndergaard if we do. Too many other options than Realmuto at catcher that can be had for not much more money than the Astros were paying a washed up Brian McCann last year.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Well yeah, that would be cool too. I'd cry happy tears if we were able to acquire Thor, but I just dont see it happening. It would be too awesome to come true.

7. Buck Turgidson

If Jon Heyman is correct about anything, I'll throw @Joe Joe's left nut into the deal as a sweetner.

8. awc713

awc713 Member

Realmuto is purportedly looking for a Posey-esque extension (8y/150m). I don’t want to lose Tucker for 2 years of Realmuto if that’s the case.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If true, it would seem our expectations for Tucker have fallen a bit.

10. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

I
    Or the realization that Tucker needs time to actualize his value has kicked in. Meanwhile, this may be our best opportunity to win now.

texans1095 likes this.
  11. awc713

awc713 Member

Kaplan's article from this morning raises an interesting point: carrying all 3 of Marisnick, White, and Kemp is hard to do, because each are out of Minor League options. If HOU wanted to send any of them to Round Rock next season, they'd each have to pass through waivers first.

It makes sense that at least one of them is on the move this offseason. Marisnick could be a good fit with the SFG, PIT, or SEA, all of which ranked towards the bottom of hitters' parks. BAL would be a great landing spot if they weren't in scorched earth mode. I think any of them would have to be moved to a competitive team, but who knows.

Luhnow is surely scouring the market. If he could piece a trade w/ PIT for Trevor Williams or Taillon, that could be a great out-of-nowhere move, a la Diaz. Hell, I wonder if we can pry Snell from TAM, but that would be quite the blockbuster, and Luhnow's recent comments don't seem to indicate that type of move is anywhere in play.

12. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

Jake has one more year of options, but this discussion has been going for at least the past week or so....

13. Major

Major Member

How is it possible that Jake has options left while White doesn't? It feels like Jake has been bouncing between the minors and majors for 6 years now.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Jake has only gone to minors in one season based on performance while an Astro to my knowledge. Not sure how an Astros fan would feel like he's been bouncing up and down.

15. awc713

awc713 Member

Jake is out of options in 2019. I don't know where Stros4Me is getting his information, but it's wrong.

From Jake Kaplan's article this morning:

#1055 awc713, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Although I did notice that, while Luhnow came out and said Whitley’s not going anywhere, he made no similar statement for Ted.

After not including Tucker for Yelich (and others), it would be incredibly disappointing to include him for no better than Realmuto.

17. Nook

Nook Member

With the Astros yeah it is the case. They cast a wide net and look for solid bargains.

With other teams not so much, they lock in on a player and pay for it later.

18. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

Some teams might be willing to spend more than others, but every team has its own line it won’t cross.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Some teams fixate on a particular player and over pay or view there only being one way to improve their club.

Of course every team has their limits, but that really wasn’t the point.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  20. Marteen

Marteen Member

Drayton McLane faints.

Nook likes this.