1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Marlins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 15, 2017.

1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Take your grandma. Your mom will understand.

mick fry and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I don't want George Bush to have a heart attack at the game.

Houstunna likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'll be yer boyfriend

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Take whomever you want, but try to leave with this....

[​IMG]

She gets great tickets

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Haha saw her at Clutch Bar a few weeks ago. Def nothing like she looks like in pics. She's nice but not that hyped up.

Houstunna likes this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Are you packing heat like Nene ?

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I see zero issues to discuss regarding who the Astros have played thus far.

They've beat up on the supposed bad teams. They've beat up on the supposed good teams.

Riddle me this, hotshot... when the Astros played the Rangers they were a well below .500 team, now they're an above .500 team... so were they a good opponent or a weak opponent? (Hence why its still ridiculously dumb to be hypercritical about who the Astros have or haven't played thus far).

You can judge teams within a season... just be prepared to change your narrative several times depending on whether a team is hot/cold... its a long ass season.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Rangers have played 3 of the worst teams in baseball for that streak. Fool's gold. Their schedule, starting Friday, gets alot more difficult.

HTM likes this.
  9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I'll give Rangers fans credit. Lonestarball is much more active SB Nation team site than Crawfishboxes, but their fans are ridiculously biased about their current team.

10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

First, no one (me) was being "hypercritical" about who the Astros had played thus far. I made a statement, and the usuals jumped on it as if I said the Astros "sucked". That's what really set this off.

As for the Rangers, like any other team, everything should be considered. A team could be projected as good, but they might be struggling at a particularly point in time. It could be due to injuries, guys slumping, or whatever. You might play a team and miss their TOR starters. The issue playing the Rangers was the mental factor of simply just beating them. Not only did we lose to them the past 2 seasons, but there were mental mistakes too. It was huge to beat them early on this year.

I don't think narratives change much during a season, if everything is considered. Look at Astros last year. They struggled early, played better during a weaker schedule, then injuries did them in.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

SB Nation sucks. No offense to TCB (which has good articles), but I really don't like to discuss there. Admittedly I've been spoiled by spending my entire internet life on Clutchfans, so I prefer a similar forum.

Joe Joe and kaleidosky like this.
  13. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

TCB's gone downhill over the last year or so. Admittedly I paid more attention as the Astros got better, but the quality of the comments section has dropped off as some long-time respected people stopped/decreased posting. (and cangrejero went over to the TCB comments section). The articles were less frequent, but better under David Coleman than Ryan Dunsmore.

TCB is all volunteers, so I can't complain too much, but it is what it is. I've donated to clutchfans for the quality of the website/forums.

14. conquistador#11

Uprising likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

how about them Houston Astros! Catch and release baby. Time to move onto the Indians

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I've always assumed that this being an Astros subforum on a Rockets website minimizes the trolls. Typically only post here and at Fangraphs.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Really enjoying this season. Its hard to find a weakness. Sure, our pen could be slightly better. Hinch, while i still maintain he is not a very good manager, has improved. The players love him so I'm guessing that probly helps. Seriously, this team took its lumps last year and learned how to win. Additions like McCann and Reddick have really added to the clubhouse and overall feel of this team. Beltran is an old vet who knows what it takes to win. We have 2 aces. I feel like we can win the whole thing. Haven't felt that way in May since 1998. Even then I knew Shane couldn't be our ace. They got Randy and i thought we were going all the way for sure. Then baseball happened and Brown outpitched Randy TWICE. I believe we lost the other game to sterling freaking hitchcock. This team is younger and better. Still not even fully built yet and we are killing people. The schedule is going to get harder but i believe we will still win a lot of games. This team is mature. They are loose. This is why we tanked for 4 seasons.

Houstunna and conquistador#11 like this.