1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros@ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 22, 2022.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Tfor3 and mikol13 like this.
  3. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lmao. ****ing my man.

Da Man likes this.
  4. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Those are some stupid fans. Glad y'all were able to stick it thru.

Tfor3 and Squirtle like this.
  5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

You don't risk playoff availability for regular season games just to prove you're macho. When the time comes, they'll play with soreness. Baseball's a funny game. Avoiding pain while playing can screw up your mechanics which could lead to a career ending injury. While it has historically applied mostly with pitchers, it also applies to batters and fielders.

It's been a long time, but I remember a story of a star pitcher injuring himself because of a bruised toe in his landing foot which ended his career prematurely.

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, does anybody that matters care about that win streak? Speaking of which, I need to get ahold of the M's front office cuz I know where they can get a fantastic deal on some more smoke and mirrors.

Stephen66 likes this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Regardless, a 14 game winning steak is impressive and the Mariners deserve kudos for getting back into the wild card race. 6 of those wins were against the Padres and Blue Jays.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, typical PNW passive aggressive behavior. I was at both games this weekend. I was right behind the Astros dugout yesterday and a Mariners fan was screaming that Altuve was wearing a wire during his leadoff AB. That homer shut him up real quick and all the Astros fans in attendance let him hear it. :D Honestly, most people up here are really nice, the assh*les tend to stand out.

#888 kubli9, Jul 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    kdchilds, Stephen66 and marks0223 like this.
  9. plee

plee Member

Actually, those were the quality teams in that streak, the rest was Oakland, Texas and the Nationals...

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep....Sweeping a 4 game series against the 2nd best AL East team and the 2nd best NL West is a quality accomplishment. Winning 8 in a row, even against bad teams, is a quality accomplishment.