1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 3, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

media conspiracy

boomboom likes this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

I love listening to Chirinos talk about the pitchers after the game. It's really interesting to hear the perspective from the guy that's catching all of them in one game.

Marteen and Houstunna like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...in the last 7 games the Astros have given up 22 runs, 21 have come on home runs.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He's hitting well too. His production this season is his best (or second best) of his career.

Besides Gomez, nearly every player who's joined Houston the past few years has experienced their career best.

Big props to the coaching staff and evaluators.

5. Buck Turgidson

Yes, they should stop doing that.

desihooper, boomboom and Marteen like this.
  6. bobrek

What they are doing is stranding runners very successfully.

7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Well I'm an idiot...not sure what thread that was in but someone said they'd sign up for 4-3 on this road trip prior to it starting and my response was I'd take 3-4 guaranteed.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So Martin is probably headed back to AAA to work on some things, and Valdez would seem to be the obvious choice to slide right into that spot for now. Rodgers can hang around as the garbage man. We haven't even used Rodgers so I don't really see a big need for a 13th pitcher, but I assume we call up one of the other guys on the 40.

Good news is that Devo has been good over his last 6 outings, so he might be turning himself back into a viable middle relief option.

The throw home with no catcher might be the hardest I can ever remember laughing watching a baseball game.

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol dude i knocked out on the recliner....

boomboom likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

So now the Astros are winning with five hits. And, where is Altuve?

raining threes likes this.
  11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Sources report that last night Altuve broke down in hysterics over the situation in Venezuela and punched a dugout window in a fit of rage. The shards rebounded and glass embedded in his left eye, leaving him permanently half-blind.

Disoriented, he fell down the stairs and landed on top of Carlos Correa, who was getting a massage from six oiled-up Philippinas, breaking Correa's remaining 12 ribs. Springer happened to be passing by and ran over to help, but he slipped on the oil and fractured his skull.

Tyler White, who was holding a fried turkey leg at the time, dipped the turkey in the remaining oil, licked his fingers, and thanked God for the rash of injuries keeping him on the roster.

Meanwhile, Yordan Alvarez hit four home runs and was last seen crying softly in his bedroom.

Jeff Luhnow told the Chronicle in an exclusive interview that all players are day-to-day and he's really happy with their progress.The Chronicle had no further questions.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not funny! Well, it was kind of, in a sick twisted way. You actually had me going there at first.

13. Nook

Nook Member

...... and the Astros kept winning no matter who they throw out to pitch. Tomorrow night former Astros pitcher Bob Knepper will take the ball for the Astros.

14. bobrek

That may have been the worst lineup they have put on the field in the past few years prior to clinching a playoff berth.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I had heard Luhnow and Hinch both say last week in their regular 790 spots that 12 man was likely for a while. Not sure if that means Alvarez to replace Martin or Tucker or if they change their mind and do stay with 13 pitchers.

That play for the 4th run was weird. That inning was weird for the Mariners. That CF'er REALLY makes you appreciate Jake and George.

16. bobrek

Laureano seems to also have issues getting to the more routine plays.

Nook likes this.
  17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think he was refering to Mallex Smith. Reddick's triple looked weird.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was. I didn't see the Reddick triple...but how he played that weak Reddick pop was just bad. It looked like the guy had never played OF before...but he has. And man was LeBlanc PISSED.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It was weird. Off the bat, it looked like an out. Then the camera flipped to CF and he wasn't close, but was still running directly to where the ball would land. He then he fell down in this weird "I'm stretching for a ball that I have no chance to get a glove on/trying to slow down to change directions" way as the ball rolled to the fence.

Rock Block likes this.
  20. bobrek

Right...I was just adding Laureano to the list. He makes some highlight plays and has a cannon for an arm, but he seems to have issues on the more routine plays.

And Smith looked horrible. Not sure if it was a bad game or a trend.