1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2016.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

McHugh! Homeboy was dealin!

2. Nook

Nook Member

A number of guys.

Hawk Harrelson and Ed Farmer are both worse.

I want to see Clyde Drexler call the Astros games.

On a side note, for all the love Jim DeShaies received as a broadcaster in Houston, in Chicago he is entirely forgettable and a lot of fans don't like him. Odd how that works.

3. Buck Turgidson

I don't believe you.

That to me is the only legitimate answer.

Deshaies and Brown had great chemistry that they worked on for years, I can understand why they both have suffered, kinda like watching your neighbor **** your ex-gf.

4. red

red Contributing Member

Well that was a fun game. Caught a ball from Marisnick, missed a foul ball by 2 inch cause I was trying to catch it without getting out of my seat. Caught two pieces of gum from musgrove. We won. It was a good day.

#44 red, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Unexpected win with Felix going and no Breg... gladly take it though.

Altuve seems to be 'un'slumping.... his 3 consecutive multi-'hit' games is evident.

#45 Houstunna, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  6. conquistador#11

why was altuve's second hit scored as an error. it was the crazy spin that was placed coming off the bat that made it take a funky bounce.

great win. let's get these next two.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

wouldn't shock me. seems like the next logical step in this bizarre cocktease of a season.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If they finish with a better record than last year... would it really surprise you, and would it really disappoint you?

TBH, they were fortunate that last year's record allowed them to make the playoffs. And, they've been very fortunate to survive an awful start to this season, two main-stays in the rotation either being ineffective or injured for a bulk of the season, and a lineup that has been the very definition of inconsistent.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They're consistent, just not all the time.

- Bill Worrell

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

i guess you can look at it any way you want to.

if we miss the playoffs, the only thing i'm going to really remember from this season is the fact that it got destroyed by dallas. i won't care much if we win 84 games as opposed to 88.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Destroyed is a strong word... especially since they could very well finish with a better record than last year.

Simply looks more like a team that while on the rise, won't just be able to rely only on home-grown only players or cheap bargains.

If they have a ready to contribute now prospect in the minors, who fills a need, you can't simply stash him worrying about 2020.

Finally, the abundance of prospects that we hear every year regarding the "pillaging of the rule V" dilemmas, and who populate all the top 100 lists, need to be maximized to make your MLB team better (either via trade or via promotion... but it has to be a combination of both).

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

This math is too simplified, but I believe in 19 games we've been out scored by ~20 points, I.e. 1 run/game, against Texas. While the record indicates otherwise, that's hardly getting destroyed.

13. JHL85

JHL85 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros lineup <a href="https://t.co/pSjgJyEfQT">pic.twitter.com/pSjgJyEfQT</a></p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/777255779820720128">September 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Ya all sound like this season is over already. Still games to be played. With DET's loss just now, if we win today's match, we will be tied for the third in the wild card standings. Though we trail both BAL and TOR by 4 games in the loss column, never know what's going to happen, if we continue to win since BAL and TOR play 3 games against each other. Still a long shot, but I wouldn't give up just yet.

15. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Baltimore and Tampa Bay also tied at 2-2 top of 6th inning.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Man I love Yuli.

17. astros123

astros123 Member

jays are down, o's have lost, and tigers have lost already. If astros can hold it then we're right back in it. O's still have a 4 game stand against the redsox and play at Jay's.

18. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Wild Card Race:
    [​IMG]

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Devo getting out of a sticky situation. Yay!

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

Would be nice to see some ROY votes get thrown his way.

Feels like he hasn't allowed runs in a game besides his Fenway start.