1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Dankush

Dankush Member

I would consider the Tigers at 7% right now to be undervalued. If their odds go to say, 11%. Which means a move from 14:1 to 9:1. They are at almost double the chances of the Astros.

You can argue the semantics of a tad if you want but a 14:1 to 9:1 move is not that big.

And no, at this point I don't consider the Astros serious contenders.

The Bulls or whoever were the third most likely team to come out of the east, you must know that doesn't mean anything because they were never serious contenders either. The Bulls are at 14:1 to title right now and that is obviously a horrible bet as they are never winning the title in 2016. That is an example of a team I would consider overvalued and its essentially the same way I feel about the Astros this year but they have a much better outlook in future seasons than the bulls.

2. Dankush

Dankush Member

Not irrelevant, it just isn't the ONLY thing to consider.

Answer this as best you can.

Why, in your opinion, would oddsmakers give the Nationals over a 25% chance at winning the title and the Astros a 6% chance?

It isnt because they hate or even care about the Astros.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Any team in the MLB that makes the playoffs is a serious contender. It's all about getting hot at the right time, more randomness than in the NBA.