1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Respectfully disagree. I believe the constant Cut Carter is completely warranted. It's a friendly reminder to that one poster who comically tried to argue that Chris Carter needed to be cut "because he strikes out too much and has a low batting average," while completely ignoring every other facet of the game, and better metrics, even after other posters politely used facts to completely invalidate his "argument."

And when I read the game updates, and see who posted "Cut Carter," I instantly know he did something good (about 85% chance it's a HR). So not only is it mocking the other dude, but it is quite informative at the same time. Win-win!

2. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I always took the Cut Carter posts as a joke being jabbed at those that wanted him gone during the summer. I only see it posted after he does well now in jest. Nothing to see here...

3. boozle222

Didn't see this when I posted, but ditto. Hammer, meet nail.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'm just being sarcastic, man. Please refer to the 3 posts prior to this one.

Personally, I'm extremely glad that the Astros have a serious power threat like Chris Carter in the lineup. At this point, he's basically Carlos Peña on offense. If he's able to rein in his obscene strikeout numbers, he could hit 35-40 homers a year with a much more respectable average.

Also, I haven't lived long enough to consider myself the tinman of the Astros. Nor have I seen enough Astros baseball to do so.

Tinman's a great Rockets fan, but I ignore anything and everything T-Mac related coming from him. I just wish that some morons would stop bringing up McGrady on this board.

#24 tellitlikeitis, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I still can't get over the guy wanting him cut on 4-23. 3 weeks into the season (it wasn't like he was Ankiel or Wallace). He still pops up when Carter goes through slumps or has a game where he whiffs 4 times.

6. juicystream

msn should be our tinman.

7. boozle222

I nominate Nick to the be the tinman of George Springer.

8. juicystream

He's the DD.:p

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

10. juicystream

11. bobrek

He did allow a whole quarter to go by before he wrote their season off.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I take offense to that.

DD finally came out of hiding during the first Texans game. After 8 posts criticizing each of Schaubs incomplete passes (75% completion for the game)and/or sacks that he couldn't have avoided, along with posts declaring the game was done at 21-7 (let alone 28-7).... He stuck around till the end and was cheering them on as the comeback was completed.

If I ever flip-flop or go complete "frittata" on this board, then the comparisons can commence. :)

13. bobrek

Just don't suggest that Springer learn to throw left handed.

14. juicystream

I'm also going to be on the lookout for your 2nd account. :cool:

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

we're 4 games ahead of the Marlins in the quest for the 1-1 draft pick....with 17 games to go.

NEED MORE HUMBER AND HARRELL IN RELIEF

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So our tragic number is 14 then, right? If Miami loses out, they end up with 109 losses. If the Astros lose 14/17 down the stretch, they'll finish with 110 losses. So a combination of 14 Astros losses and/or Marlin wins gets us 1.1 again.

1 more on the road with Seattle, 3 at home against the Angles, then 3 against the Reds, followed by a 7-game roadie (4 at CLE and 3 at TEX), and we wrap up with 3 at home against the Yanks. Reds, Indians, Texans, and Yankees are all in contention for wild card spots. I think we're looking good :grin:

17. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

18. juicystream

I love Villar

19. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Cut Carter.

If the schedule consisted of the Mariners 81 times and the Angels 81 times, he'd probably be the MVP easily.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=br&url=%2Fplayers%2Fsplit.cgi%3Fid%3Dcartech02%26year%3D%26t%3Db&div=div_oppon"></script>

20. juicystream

Interesting that his former team has owned him this season.