1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Guardians

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

To me it is more about giving Chas consistent reps.

No question he has earned the right to start in CF at this point.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Chas should 100% be the full time starter. Jake is beyond not ready to be that guy. He needs AAA to build back confidence.

3. RussE

RussE Member

Former Astro Odorizzi….

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Hate to see it and I mean it, dude just can’t get past the injury bug. Hope it’s nothing serious for him.

HTown2017Champs and PuzzledFan like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Diaz is quietly having one of the best seasons ever for a reliever…. Right now his FIP is 0.80 and he is averaging 19 strikeouts per 9 with an OPS is .440.

He also will be a 29 year old free agent after this year.

6. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t really like the guy. His politics are extreme and he was not well liked in the Astros clubhouse.

I don’t wish an injury on him but I don’t really want to help a team we could face in the World Series too.

crose and Rock Block like this.
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

He was in the dugout yesterday. Still got the sh!ts?

8. conquistador#11

Does Espada make the lineup decisions when Dusty is unavailable? Never put attention to it before.

Here is a video of America's favorite baseball player making wishes come true.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Chas was asked to make more contact and strike out less after last season so he could be playable in the playoffs.

Chas has quietly cut down his K’s by a large amount. Unfortunately his OBP and average haven’t come up. Still, his OPS and power is back close to where it was last year. He had a slow start but turned it around. He may be able to get his OPS around .800 which is really good in the modern game.

I actually agree with Dusty though, he isn’t a good defensive center fielder and is actually a fair amount below average. He is a good corner outfielder and can be the weaker starting corner outfielder on a really good team.

10. RussE

RussE Member

Altuve is a class act.

11. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Always appreciate your insight Nook.

what do you mean Odos politics are extreme? Just curious and not intending to spark a political debate but didn’t get that vibe from him

Nook likes this.
  12. Rock Block

Supporting Member

I doubt he helps ATL at this point. He’s oft injured, inconsistent and let’s face it he doesn’t have the stuff to be the kind of pitcher he would need to be to be effective these days, specifically in the post season.

Nook likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

From what I was told he has some very strong opinions on immigration that clashed with the Astros core.

He could be very emotional and a hot head. He would calm down and work it out but his personality didn’t fit with the Astros clubhouse.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dusty still does the lineups. Espada has input.

Tucker will 3 or 4 days rest is probably a good thing.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I don't know about a late scratch like this, but Dusty makes up the lineups at the beginning of the series.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Off topic, but for perspective. The Angels started 4 hitters worse than Maldy today. Adell and Walsh also started and they haven't been much better than Maldy. That's one rough lineup 4-9.

everyday eddie and Rock Block like this.
  17. RussE

RussE Member

Team average up to .243. Let’s see more offense this evening.

18. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Ah yes, self-awareness, feeling the room, cognizant of those around you etc. those traits are of the utmost importance at times and some just don’t have them or refuse to abide by them in favor of what they think is a universally agreed opinion. Never understood that……

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Alex Bregman right now:[​IMG]

20. HTown2017Champs

I hope Jake gets well and isn't in much pain. I won't go into issues that could be polarizing, so to move the thread into a positive direction, I remember after Game 2 or 3 of last year's ALCS he lead a pep talk to rally the team after losing back to back blowout games. His long relief appearance in Game 2 was also highly overlooked in terms of importance - it helped keep the bullpen fresh, which was badly needed because like in Game 2, in Game 3 and Game 4 the starters were both knocked out after recording <6 outs. The bullpen was really used in Game 3 and again in the come-from-behind win in Game 4, so had they needed to pitch in Game 2, it would have had a ripple effect and we may not have been able to come back in Game 4.