1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 14, 2010.

1. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Kazuo Matsui was never highly regarded as a reliable every day player. I understand the fan aspect but if Kaz wasn't making that money he is, we could have signed a guy like Kelly Johnson to play second. That would have helped. He and Keppinger would be mashing now.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Regardless of the call, I actually think the ump let Carlos get a few words in. Unfortunately, he stayed out there a little too long.

3. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

There's no doubt Carlos Lee got himself kicked, but what I was implying is the strike three call wasn't warranted.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why haven't we designated Kaz for assignment or something?

I would rather have anyone over him at this point. Call some guys up, at least they will want it. Kaz seems like he is just going through the motions and collecting his paycheck now. Probably thinking about which house he should purchase in Japan once his contract runs out cause he will obviously not have a job in the MLB.

5. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

That and Manzella. I'd like to see just a change of player for Manzella because he sucks tremendously. Kaz used to look cool with the whole "I'm a samurai and have an anal fissure" thing going on, but now he is awful too.

6. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Wow I'm glad you aren't the GM because we don't have anyone to replace Manzella with that's an upgrade to what he brings to the table at the minor league level. I understand reaching a buy out to Kaz Matsui for the final year of his deal, but I doubt this happens. Eating 5.5 million prorated to just bring up Edwin Maysonet or Chris Johnson just doesn't sound smart to me. None of the guys we could bring up would have lasted 15 pitches with Brian Wilson. I know he went 0-5 but making fun of anal fissures is just plain gross. Those are the kind of injuries I turn my head to and ignore. Kaz Matsui was a bad signing worth valuable assets we could have used elsewhere. That is not Kaz's fault, just a bad signing by Ed Wade. Wade is known for bad free agent signings, but he's also highly regarded as a good eye for you draftable talent.

7. RocketMania1991

I'm sure we could find some scrub off the streets who could hit sub .200.
    And Maysonet is arguably better than Matsui, and hell if Johnson could play 2nd base i'd rather see what he can do.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Another nice 1-0 start. Sound similar to yesterday? :p

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nope, didnt last long. Similar to yesterday.

10. juicystream

juicystream Member

As it turns out there is a player out there worse then Kaz Matsui. His name is Kevin Cash.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, Cash is bad but he wasnt brought up for his offense. Him and Towles are just about equally as bad on offense. Q I assume needed a day off so Cash the only option. Towles and pitchers didnt get along or something to that effect, which is why he was sent down. Castro doesnt appear ready and they're not gonna bring him up until they think he is.

12. juicystream

juicystream Member

Cash is embarrassing offensively. I'd hit hit the pitcher ahead of him. I certainly can't speak for his ability to call a good game and work with a pitcher, but he's nothing special defensively.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thats true. We just dont have any good catcher period.(jmo)

In other news, Carloss Lee makes an appearance w/ the bat.

14. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

El CABALLOOOOOOO! AY YI YIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI!

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This catcher sucks.

16. RocketMania1991

Bleh Bourn should of stolen 2nd....

Would be a tie game.

17. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

lol Kazuo Matsui get two questionable first pitch strike one.

18. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Wow, crazy deja vu, same ending coming?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

lol Kaz fails

20. The Cat

The Cat Member

Why in the world would you not use Matsui as the pinch-runner and Bourn as the pinch-hitter? Mind-boggling.