1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 14, 2010.

1. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

lol how true. I laugh although it hurts

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Way to go Matsui :rolleyes:

Game over. Giants sweep tomorrow.

3. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Weak ground ball incoming

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha whoops.

5. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

**** YOU ERIC KARROS

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Manzella is actually hitting better than Matsui.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

If you can't hit 'em fair, hit 'em foul.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now it is.

9. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

ERIC KARROS IS AN ANUS

10. The Cat

The Cat Member

Nicely done, Kaz - foul off the tying ball four at your neck.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Matsui fouls off a couple of "ball 4's" and then flies out to left.

12. The Real Shady

Nice choke job by the astros today. Just need to keep it up and last place will be ours.

13. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

FFS that must be some kind of record for pitches in an inning without scoring a run, Matsui simply can't hit for toffee these days, got the feeling he knew he was never going to hit the ball well and was just trying to work a walk the whole at bat. Horrible game from Matsui all round, he is a cancer to this team

14. The Real Shady

He's an anal fissure on the astros behind.

15. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Man I cant wait til the draft. Then I wait for us trading roy and lance. Then I wait for castro to come up. Then ugh...

16. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

lmao Perfect choice of words

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Just finished watching the game.

BEYOND FRUSTRATION.

-Lincecum didn't have his A game today. He's just so good that his B game can yield 1 run over 8 when you combine it with the fact that he was facing this pathetic offense. He was having trouble throwing first pitch strikes all game. We could've and should've gotten more than a run off of him. Bourn got into scoring position all afternoon and we couldn't even move him.

-I am absolutely sick of seeing Kaz Matsui in an Astros uniform and it has zero to do with that final AB. I was boiling over watching him all game. That last AB was actually outstanding. It was all of his other ABs and his defensive play. He hits like a little girl. He can barely get the ball out of the infield. There is nothing wrong with being a contact hitter but you have to ultimately make good contact and find holes more than once a month. He's an out waiting to happen. His defensive play has been sketchy in recent games, too. He misplayed a pop foul and just looks timid all over the place, whether at the plate or in the field. I'm sick of watching him try to play like a professional baseball player.

-Oswalt was absolutely awesome. I don't know how those clowns can look him in the face. Uribe reached down and got all of what was a pretty decent pitch. He had to hit it perfectly and he did.

-Lee had been one of the most consistent hitters in the league over his career but this is just getting ridiculous. He had nothing to argue about on that pitch. He's obviously just frustrated as are all Astros fans.

This was the most frustrating game of what has been an awful season. It would have been great if Matsui could've come through in that final AB but it was everything else he and the team didn't do before that point that cost us this game. We missed out on a good opportunity to get to Lincecum. This team is horrible.

18. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Dude I'll be the first to admit that Kaz Matsui is playing terribly, but the reason everyone is dogging Matsui is because of the 3 year 15.5 million dollar deal ED WADE signed hin too. We overpaid for the guy. I'll always be one to come to the defense of Ed Wade and Co. But that wasn't the best 'bang for our buck'. I just admire that he's building rebuilding the farm and HAVING THE BRASS TO NEVER GIVE IN TO REBUILDING WHEN THE FO IS WIDELY RIDICULED BY NEARLY EVERY BASEBALL PUBLICATION KNOWN TO MAN. If Ed Wade had his way, I'm sure we would have rebuilt a while back. June Amateur Draft. Here we come. Now for my birthday, let Jameson Taillon fall to number 8. :cool:

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Kaz Matsui isn't worth a minimum contract. It's beyond just that he's overpaid at this point.

He had one good partial season and has been injured or stunk for the other two and a half.

Personally, I'm trying to give Wade a chance and I understand that he has had pressure to keep trying to win now while rebuilding the farm system.

I don't even care about laying blame on anybody for Kaz Matsui. I'm just a fan right now that is really frustrated watching his level of suck. I know this team is a joke and has no chance but I still like Oswalt and really get into his starts.

I expected zero from Manzella. I knew that his minor league numbers translated to him likely being even worse than Adam Everett as a hitter. I honestly expected him to be one of the worst hitters in the league and posted about it a number of times during spring training. It's not his fault that this organization sucks. He's not a major league caliber player on any other team.

Lee is obviously different. He gets paid to produce big and has a track record of being a very good player. You obviously expect anything but what we've seen so far this season. I still know that he will get going but it's simply frustrating to watch.

Pence is at least showing signs of being a useful player again.

According to Levine at the Chronicle, we had only 7 players not hurting us offensively coming into a game or two ago and 3 or 4 of those players were pitchers. The rest would be better replaced by good AAA players based on their production to date.

I just always pull for Oswalt big time and this game hurt today. I forget about the situation of this team when he's on the mound and just pull extra hard for him to pitch well and get wins. We had about as good a chance to get to Lincecum today as you'll ever get. He didn't have his A game despite his line. We suck and we all know it but I wish that we could suck a little less when Roy's on the mound.

20. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

I agree with you. Rebuilding is just going to be inevitable if they hit this poorly. When you are forced to rebuild, you automatically lose bargaining power. So hopefully Roy and Lance just get and stay hot, we will get the bargaining power back to an extent.

Only thing I disagree with is the called third strike on Carlos 'Fat' Lee. Was out of the zone. Typical BS on a perennial All-Star who has maintained this level for far longer than The Freak. Carlos was shafted on that one. If the veteran advantage exists, I could hardly sift through the bull**** of Welkey to see it.