1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Remember, no PBP in these threads and keep the chatter on topic (if it is about something other than this series, talk about it in another thread).

7-3 Felipe Paulino, RHP (2-4, 5.51) vs. Ryan Sadowski, RHP (1-0, 0.00) 9:15 on FSN

7-4 Russ Ortiz, RHP (3-3, 3.36) vs. Tim Lincecum, RHP (8-2, 2.37) 3:05 no TV :mad:

7-5 Roy Oswalt, RHP (4-4, 4.02) vs. Randy Johnson, LHP (8-5, 4.70) 3:05 on My20

2. Uprising

Uprising Member

No tv? WTF? :(

3. Scottay

Scottay Member

I thought Brownie said it will be on MLB Network Saturday night?

We gotta get the first one though, the next two should be dandies. :eek:

4. MadMax

MadMax Member

i can't begin to tell you how disappointed i am in that....haven't seen lincecum pitch a full game all season, and was really looking forward to it.

no mlbnetwork on Uverse yet bugs me.

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

We've had success against the Giants in the past, but this is a vastly improved team this year. Taking this first one is crucial as always, but Timmy can kill any team's momentum with how he's been pitching all season.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

WLW - Lincecum shuts us down but we win another series.

7. Refman

Refman Member

I will be watching the game on MLB Network in HD on Directv. :cool:

8. Major

Major Member

How do you not televise a road game on July 4th, of all days? :confused:

9. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

MLB Network is not showing the game. I checked on the guide and the guide shows some all time classic games. Hopefully the guide is wrong

10. Refman

Refman Member

It appears that this is true. That sucks. Why would the Astros advertise the game on MLB Network if they aren't going to show the game?

11. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

Maybe the guide will be wrong. I just cant believe that we would not be able to watch the Astros game on July 4th.

To further the pain, regional coverage in Houston and San Antonio for the fox game is showing Dodgers vs Padres.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

We're 1 game back of 1st place in the loss column with the Brewer loss today.

I watched Lincecum's entire last outing. Let's pray he's not nearly as effective tomorrow afternoon.

That does suck that the game won't be televised anywhere. Like a couple of you, I have MLBN and DTV but the game doesn't show up on the guide.

13. leroy

leroy Member

Paulino needs to have another good outing tonight so he doesn't become the 6th man in what will eventually be a 5 man rotation again after the break. The way things have been this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already the one that has to win the job. Who would they pull at this point? Moehler has pitched relatively well recently. Ortiz has been a nice surprise. I just don't see them pulling Hampton unless he starts to bomb or gets hurt again.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

I think it's between Paulino and Moehler right now. I hope Paulino proves himself because it kind of bugs me only having 1 starter that can throw legitimate heat. The question with Paulino seems to be whether he has the command and the variety of pitches to stick.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Member

those red caps on the giants stick out like a sore thumb

edit: looks like the stros have the same bright red caps, must be a july 4th thing

16. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

I think it is absolutely nonsense that there will only be one game on tv on July 4th. There are so many day games as well. The only game that is showing is the Dodger Padres game.

I cant tell you how mad I am. All I wanted to do was fire up the grill hang with my extended family and watch the Astros. Completely ridiculous.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Pence batting behind Blum continues to baffle me.

18. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

Yeah they do. I liked last year's version. They were blue with the American flag in the team emblem. It is did not stop me from buying one though. The proceeds go to the Veterans Fund.

19. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

I like Paulino's velocity early. He just hit 98 against Winn. Too bad Winn got with a single.

20. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

Damn. Sandoval just killed that ball. The Astros need to get these runs back quickly or it g=could be a long night.