1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 12, 2008.

1. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

good win by a good team. 5/6 so far on the trip. no complaints from me.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

you must have missed the dikembe finger wag to the crowd and the putting the hush finger on his lips to quiet the cheering after pence brought it in.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

I'd love to believe it's just his range but I think he is simply making mistakes.

It may just be because he missed so many games between pre-season and the first part of the regular season.

I don't think it will be an ongoing problem. He should be an average or better 2nd basemen.

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

I'm psyched to see Pence hitting .287. He's had it going for a while now.

Not psyched to see Bourn hitting .187. Is it time to move him to the bottom of the lineup? Personally, I think it is.

We don't have a true lead off guy but I wouldn't mind seeing the following lineup for a few games:

Pence
    Matsui
    Tejada
    Berkman
    Lee
    Wigginton/Loretta
    Towles/Ausmus
    Bourn

5. BMoney

BMoney Member

How outrageous.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

I have a tinman-esque feeling about brad simply because of that one HR against the Braves in the 18 inning game...down by one...with 2 outs...2 strikes...bottom of the 9th....homefreakingrun. Among the most clutch hits in Astros history.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

How bout' them Astros...Lance's HR, et all...I agree Bourn needs to be pushed down in the line-up...

8. plee

plee Member

I'm still amazed that teams still give Lance something to hit at this point you rather take your chances with C.Lee

9. Buck Turgidson

His only deficiency defensively, and it's been a career-long thing, is that he absolutely positively always avoids contact at the plate. Will not block it, sets up in front & goes for the ol' o-lay swipe tag. Often, and it was the case last night, and not for the first time this season, his timing's just a bit off & he starts the swipe before he's caught the ball.

But yeah, that homerun is right up there with the greatest moments in Stros history. And if Jim F'in Edmonds hadn't caught that ball....Damn.

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

I've made it a policy to try to forget that moment. My older son reminds me from time to time and I vomit just a little. Awful Awful Awful.

When news broke the Cubs were signing Edmonds this morning on ESPNNews, my son looked at me and said, "dad, remember when he made that catch off Ausmus??" ruined my morning.

11. leroy

leroy Member

I am not an advocate of spanking your children, but this would have been the time to do it.

12. Buck Turgidson

Wasn't sure it was possible for me to dislike the cubs any more than I did, but this is like a perfect storm of c----uckery. If only they still had Barrett, or could get Pierzkljslkski....

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

i told him we shouldn't talk about that tragic event while getting ready for the rest of our day.

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah, adding barrett back to this mix would be too much for me to handle. or AJ. i think you're right...i think AJ would be worse for me. AJ in a Cubs uniform would be beyond comprehension.

15. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

speaking of Jim Edmonds, He's coming back to town this monday since he has signed with the cubs.

16. htownballa23

htownballa23 Member

is there any way to catch the game online? Only way I know is through MLB TV, but I dont have that :(

17. garthomps

garthomps Member

18. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

FFS Loretta, that was a double play ball

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

Against Lincecum, this was not the way to start the day.

20. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Anybody else think Lincecum looks like he belongs in HS?

[​IMG]