1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 12, 2008.

1. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Bourn is a minor league strike out machine ffs. We should pinch hit for him in these situations

2. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

game over....i knew the comebacks had to stop at some time....heres to a win tomorrow!!!!

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

problem is, our bench is just as bad, if not worse.

he should just try and bunt for a hit every time he comes to the plate. and i wish i was kidding.

this great run has masked the problems that are him and towles. 4-2 losses bring their ineptitude to the forefront. i can't complain too much about towles, because the alternative is even worse, but having our worst hitter bat leadoff ain't right. sign lofton or move him down or something.

also, it appears that because of this run, coop has gotten a "can do no wrong" feeling, and he's making cutesy moves like moving pence down to 7 and below blum for no smart reason, using 3 pitchers there in the 8th, etc. don't get too silly, coop. don't overmanage, let's keep it simple.

we'll get back on track tomorrow. losses after a big hot streak always sting a bit more.

4. MadMax

MadMax Member

that's my biggest complaint about coop so far. i like him...but he leaves nothing in reserve at all.

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I wouldn't mind Bourn putting balls in play & running them out for a single even if he gets out but strike outs that often are un-acceptable!

6. Silfam

Silfam Member

Up this point it's been of zero consequence thankfully...we've played maybe one extra inning game all season? He's still learning the ropes in terms of managing, I assume through trial and error he'll figure out how to best handle the team moving forward...let's just hope it's a quick learning curve. His managing hasn't lost us more than a game so far (Borkowski at Arizona), and I'd say he's probably won us two or three due to timely/lucky insertions in the lineup-card (Cruz the other night...Erstad earlier in the year).

7. RSSoldier

RSSoldier Member

If the rest of our lineup wasn't so dang awesome, I'm pretty sure that Bourn would already be either hitting 7th or riding the bench. Because the rest of the lineup makes up for his bat, they're going to keep him in, even if he's struggling, in the hopes that he'll turn it around.

But I agree -- the man strikes out waaay too much.

8. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

he does strike out too much...but with his speed and defense coop prob wont bench him for awhile.....

9. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Lance CRUSHED that one!

10. thech0senone

thech0senone Member

that was a blast!!!

11. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

That was the bacon on that B.L.T. sandwhich!

12. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

comon ausmus u gotta catch that ball!!!

13. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

C'mon Ausmus, what was that? If you can't make them defensive plays anymore you're useless to us

14. dockerland

dockerland Member

How the hell did Ausmus miss that

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

that's awful.

16. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

bases loaded in cubs game...top 9 padres are down by 4 1 out....if anyone wanted to know.....

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

That's why you don't make Moehler a regular starter.

I wanted to say something when you made the comment the other day about him replacing Sampson but I didn't want to spoil the good vibe.

All you need to do is look at his career stats. At this point, he isn't magically going to become a good pitcher and certainly not a starting-caliber pitcher.

18. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

nice play matsui...i feel another offensive big inning coming up here....

19. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

darn...the cubs won......and cards look like they will too....

20. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

wut??? did any1 see that last pitch on matsui?!?!? how was that a strike??