1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Cubs

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Remember, no PBP in these threads and keep the chatter on topic (if it is about something other than this series, talk about it in another thread).

7-27 Wandy Rodriguez, LHP (10-6, 2.72) vs. Carlos Zambrano, RHP (7-4, 3.48) 7:05 on FSN

7-28 Roy Oswalt, RHP (6-4, 3.66) vs. Ryan Dempster, RHP (5-5, 4.09) 7:05 on FSN

7-29 Mike Hampton, LHP (6-7, 4.74) vs. Randy Wells, RHP (6-4, 3.10) 1:20 on FSN

7-30 Russ Ortiz, RHP (3-5, 4.75) vs. Kevin Hart, RHP (2-1, 2.08) 1:20 on FSN

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

WWWL! Let's go Stros...BEAT Zambrano!!

3. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Ortiz is pitching again, ugh. I thought Sampson was getting off the DL? Or that we were trading the farm for another B- starter?

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Sampson has been in the pen all this season, and given how he performed in the first half, he isn't likely to switch roles.

5. hhh345

hhh345 Member

astros win 3 out of 4 and finish tied with chicago.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

are any of you aware of how i feel about the cubs? have i ever talked about that here before?

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

go on, please elaborate

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

There is no one in the entire MLB, or sports in general that i hate more than I do Zambrano

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Game 1 will be a good hard fought battle..I think the its even and a late hit wins it for the Stros.

Game 2 this is interesting because has never really done well at Wrigley Stadium lol..Id still say advantage Stros with Dempster barely coming off the DL.

Game 3 much like game one is a toss up but for opposite reasons id say Cubbies take this one pretty easy.

Game 4 See game 3 and probably be noted mroe for ORtiz's last start as a Stros.(Fingers Crossed)

WWLL

Whatever happens hope the Stros go Offensive crazy! ;)

10. msn

msn Member

the same way I feel about the Br*ves.

It's taken a while; I had no ill recourse towards them from back in the 2-division days (just another irrelevant NL East team). But, really, Sosa's bunny-hop is what started souring this team on me. I mean, besides making a run at us in '98 and I believe '99, until '03 they were really just another gnat to flick off in the weak NLC.

But throw in the bunny-hop corkboy, titty-baby Barrett, and Zambrano jacking Ruthian dongs off our pitching every other game, and they're really getting under my skin.

But the hate for the Dojers and Br*ves still runs a little deeper for me anyway.

11. MadMax

really haven't liked them forever.

the 98 season tweaked it up a notch.

but the barrett thing totally set it off. :)

yeah, i don't like 'em very much.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I hate them for the media coverage when they've either been bad or underacheivers. I hate the freaking curse talk. We are closing in on 50 years of history with not one World Series ring. Quit acting like you are the only Franchise that can't seem to win one.

And they are douchebags. :cool:

13. MadMax

[derail] so my wife and i went to see the fray Saturday night in the woodlands. we stayed at the adjoining marriott hotel...after the concert we walked the skyway back to the hotel and went to the hotel bar to grab a drink and bite to eat.

there was a reunion going on from 1979....i could not believe how douchetastic people who graduated in 1979 were capable of dressing in. i truly thought that was reserved for guys in college. apparently it's not. i was cringing in embarassment for these guys. one of them kept staring over at my wife and smiling...and she and i were nearly crying laughing. it was bad. sorry for the derail, but that's all i thought of when you said douchebag. they were likely call cubs fans!!!!!!!!!! [/derail]

14. msn

msn Member

The whole "lovable losers" schtick is annoying and stupid, too. If you love losing, you suck.

But it *is* good to have them around. We'd be without a zillion good baseball jokes without this laughingstock.

Completely
    Useless
    By
    September

[​IMG]

15. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Man this would be a nice series to start out with 2 Ws ... I think tonight is going to be the key to winning this series or not.

16. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

A sweep would be amazing. Sweeping the Cubs would be automatic spotlight on the Astros from the national media.

That being said, I think we'll split it.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

19. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

Wandy, Wandy, Wandy...

What a pitch, damn that was a nasty curve.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Bourne with another crucial caught stealing.

Much like yesterday's.... he really needs to develop a better feel for baserunning. So far, I feel like he's simply getting SB's because he's just fast.

Whereas a guy like Jeff Bagwell got SB's because he's just a supremely great base-runner/reader.

Bourne needs to work on it... his second-half base-stealing slump seems to have repeated itself from last year.