1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He is being promoted entirely due to his minor league performance from THIS year, featuring high OBP and slugging numbers.

If you based everything on just his last MLB experience, then he wouldn't have ever been called up.... clearly they hope (or wish) that something has clicked, and they want to maximize this opportunity.

Worth hitting 2nd also gives him a chance to get enough pitches in the zone to see what he can do with it. If he fails, he'll promptly be moved down (or off the roster altogether once Gregerson is back).

Its also pretty asinine to labor over each and every possible lineup change/combination... there will never be a perfect one. As long as the best hitters are getting the majority of the AB's, subtle lineup changes here/there aren't really going to make/break anything of note (and the actual order of how guys bat really only matters in the 1st inning).

2. Airdough

Airdough Member

Is it standard to list out the hitting totals on a line up card? That looks like some high level trolling forcing the Astros to publish that depressing lineup.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I actually like the move. *hopefully* Gives Altuve and Correa the opportunities to drive in the runs that Rasmus and Gattis have been getting.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It isn't a lineup card. That is a scoring sheet.

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Wouldn't inserting Worth in the two-hole (no pun intended) be a good way for him to "get going," as you say. Because he is hitting before Altuve, he should theoretically get better pitches to hit, as the last thing the opponent wants to do is give the guy before Altuve a free base. Lineup construction has a lot of intricacies beyond just "I hate Hinch."

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This line-up might be the best of the season thus far if players perform up to expectations.

Not bad. Let's hope Worth does get good AB's batting ahead of Tuve and Correa.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You guys are trying to talk logic to a brick wall. When it's "God I hate Hinch", what would you expect to change by explaining things...even in the very simple language and small words that you were using?

8. conquistador#11

I thought this new guy was a 20 year old up and coming stud. I guess I should pay more attention to the minor league thread.

hope the guy hits a homer.

9. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

I actually like the line up and hopefully Worth can get it going. Will also be interesting to see if we can get some spark out of Correa.

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

thought the exact same thing when it was keuchel vs moore and saw how that turned out :(

11. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

I'm not on the anti-Hinch side of this discussion at all, but I would question why Worth gets the chance to walk straight into the lineup in the #2 hole, with Marwin dropping to #8.

In the 3 game set in Tampa Bay, Marwin went 5 for 13 in the #2 hole. So if we are making the decision to leave Altuve at #3 and having Correa clean up, why not leave Marwin at #2 where he has done quite well, albeit a tiny sample size?

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

eh, keuchel has had rough innings in almost every start though. But yeah Moore shutting it down was surprising

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Marwin still bad vs lefties.

If he's still on a hot streak, provides a decent hitter for the bottom of the order.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Bob Ford on the pbp tonight. Who is doing the radio?

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hinch and logic? Cmon!:cool:

16. conquistador#11

damn are outfielders are going to drop one in the sun today. =(

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

C'mon Worth lets get a knock !!!!

18. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

There you go Worth !!!!!

19. UTAllTheWay