1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Please keep this to talk about the series. As usual no Play-by-Play, or general Astros talk. If you need play by play see one of the many other sites that have game casts.

4-30 Brett Myers, RHP (1-1, 3.81) vs. Tommy Hanson, RHP (1-2, 2.14) 6:35 on FSH

5-1 To be announced (Wandy scratched) vs. Tim Hudson, RHP (1-1, 3.28) 2:10 on FOX

5-2 Bud Norris, RHP (1-2, 5.60) vs. Derek Lowe, RHP (3-2, 5.79) 12:35 on FSH

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

I think the Astros are poised for another slide down the hill. I can't believe this crappy team got swept by the Reds @ home. If I have to listen to Mills talk about how the offense seems to be coming around one more time, then I'm going jump off a cliff.

LLL

3. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I really hope Carlos sits for at least 2 of these 3 games. If he's going to play terrible defense AND not hit, there is no use at all for him to play.

That play vs. the Reds last night where Stubbs went 1st to 3rd on a line drive right to him was a disgrace. Careless, careless, careless.

4. juicystream

juicystream Member

Going to the game on Saturday. Doesn't look good for a win considering its TBA. Its probably going to be Moehler. Though its still possible Wandy starts Saturday.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

WLL???

Dang, if I was in town, i'd drive to the ATL...

Hopefully the Braves skid continues, but I think we're just what they need...

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

LLL. Hudson pitches CG shutout in game 2

7. MadMax

MadMax Member

two recently-proud franchises that are struggling hard right now.

8. liamrock

liamrock Member

Have you guys noticed that Berkman is not hitting the ball hard to RF (both HRs hit into Crawford Boxes)? Ordinarily, Lance pulls the heck of the ball...everything he is pulling is an easy groundball....do you think his knee is going to be an ongoing issue?

9. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

LWW

I dont' see us beating Hanson.

10. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

He's only played in 9 games. I'll be more worried if that's still the case after 20 or 25. On the other hand, Carlos Lee has played in all but one of the games, and he still stinks. I have more reason for concern with him.

11. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Uh oh our nielsen rating,,,

12. liamrock

liamrock Member

Berkman out of lineup tonight :(

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Yup, groin this time. Running to 1st in his last AB. Groin injuries can linger for a while in some cases.

That is a huge blow to our already league-worst offense.

Every one of the 5 active teams in the Astros organization other than Lexington is in last place in their division and, in some cases, the entire league.

Fortunately, record doesn't mean that much when it comes to farm teams.

Jason Castro still has zero extra base hits after nearly 70 plate appearances at RR. He had 1 XBH in spring training. The good thing is that he has a 2-to-1 BB/K (14-to-7) so despite his .212 AVG (and obviously .212 SLG) he has a .379 OBP.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

I figured it was a long shot after Myers gave up 2 in the 1st but the Astros get 2 back right away.

Pence hit a ball hard off the ground right in front of home plate that went so high in the air he was able to reach safely and knock in the first run.

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Manzella is quite possibly a worse hitter than Adam Everett, believe it or not.

Everett had better numbers than Manzella as a minor leaguer with both playing about 500 games at the lower levels.

Neither of them have pop but Everett was slightly better at getting on base.

Edit: I missed the first inning but according to the box score, Manzella made errors on consecutive plays. Only 1 of ATL's 1st inn runs is on Myers.

Manzella really is looking like an Everett-lite.

#15 BrooksBall, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Heyward was just sitting on that pitch.

Towles with a great pickoff throw to 2nd.

17. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

I haven't seen this much deep-throating since Watergate.

1 person likes this.
  18. Bojangles

The important thing is we have other players that can make up for his lack of hitting.

EL OH EL!

19. juicystream

juicystream Member

Great grab by Hunter! :grin:

20. Bojangles

Jesus Lee is pitiful right now.