1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 22, 2015.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I get it, i'm just saying that with some of these guys who come up SO young, we tend to forget that they are STILL young with room to grow (both physically and skill wise)

I just don't think he is a finished product yet

Also when you look at the biggest jump last year, it was the doubles. So while that BABIP jumped tremendously, I know some of it was luck, but some of it also was driving the ball more

I do know this, if he is a .290-.300 player who will hit a lot of doubles and be one of the league leaders in SB's, that might not be the "star" player we saw last year, but it would still be a well above average mlb player....and no team is build with every player being a "star"

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Yep, all of that. Especially when we know that he puts a crazy amount of effort into his growth. At least anecdotally

3. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

If you bring Singleton up, you'll have him alongside Gattis and Carter for two spots in the lineup (not to mention that once Lowrie comes back, he may be playing first and DHing as well). Carter and Gattis are out of options, so you can't send them to the minors, you would have to DFA them. And Luhnow doesn't want to drop either of those guys for pennies on the dollar right now. And if you have all three Gattis, Carter and Singleton in the 25 man lineup, who do you send down? Santana or Tucker? Even then, Singleton will only be playing 2/3 of the games, whereas he's getting a lot more experience right now.

4. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I like Tucker, i just dont like him hitting third, but where he is tonight, perfect