1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 18, 2022.

1. raining threes

Looks like the team isn't going to be good enough to overcome Click/Dusty this year.

everyday eddie likes this.
  2. raining threes

Which ones.

He had to make moves to fix the bullpen after missing on Baez and Nook told us at the time Baez had been losing velocity over the past couple of years. Seems to me Click further thinned out his farm system to fix his screwups than add more value to the team than what Luhnow left him.

Jay713 and everyday eddie like this.
  3. Screaming Fist

Baez has pretty much no impact on the team this year. He's bad money but they have no shortage of money available this season having declined to make another major FA signing. The team is just across the board playing like **** right now and there's not much Click can do about that.

jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Because slumps don't happen to good teams?

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

It's the 4th year in a row for a slow start so I've started to expect it.

HeyBudLetsParty and Bregatron like this.
  6. raining threes

Maldonado has been in a 3 season slump.

No improvement has been made to the roster that wasn't already here before Click got here.

Unless you consider Odorizzi, Castro, Baez upgrades.

Click is in the process of destroying what was given him.

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. RussE

RussE Member

So he starts next….gets blown up next…in Arlington. I can easily see that happening. Maybe he has a decent start but I wouldn’t bet on it continuing. He’s that bad.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Odorizzi looks like a guy on the downhill slope of his career. He’s just barely a major leaguer at this point, and it shows. You might get a decent game out of him every once in a while, but it’s a crap shoot. They would be crazy to rely on him as a viable rotation piece.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Odorizzi is a fastball pitcher with mediocre velocity and poor command. I don't even see any peripherals that would make him a major league pitcher at this point. He's not Greinke or someone with a 97 mph fastball.