1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 18, 2022.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i hope this is not the reminiscent of 2020 astros where they're a 0.500 ball club

VanityHalfBlack and Squirtle like this.
  2. Major

Major Member

I imagine it's because Diaz is a much better player

3. Major

Major Member

Astros record after 11 games:

2022: 6-5
    2021: 6-5
    2020: 6-5
    2019: 6-5

BigM, Rock Block, marks0223 and 9 others like this.
  4. HTown2017Champs

Shoulda coulda woulda but I firmly believe that the 2020 team would have got to 90 wins had it been a full season. It just had the feel of a team that was starting run into a hot streak. The Astros usually have one around the 65 or 70 game mark.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There is a good chance. They have lost a lot of talent and Click- whether by dictate by Crane, or not- has not added many impact players.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

WE'RE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!

7. VanityHalfBlack

We are so inconsistent right now. April is not our month. I’m gonna wait until June to make an assessment.

Squirtle likes this.
  8. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Don't panic. I think basically everyone gets into the new expanded playoffs.
    If i remember anything from our last two WS appearances, its not who is the best team, its who is hot at the right time.

On a side note. It's gonna be a dam shame to waist those sweet new uniforms on a game where ODO is pitching.

Jake Tower likes this.
  9. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should not be concerned about our record at all right now. There are so many more hopeful and encouraging signs than discouraging ones. I still think this team is on track to be the best Astros team since 2019. Gurriel and Tucker will wake up, Yordan is back, and the pitching top to bottom looks pretty dang good. 6-5 ain't nothing to worry about so far.

conquistador#11 and Squirtle like this.
  10. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

No concerns with Framber at all? He's an ace, when on with his control though.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

While true, any GM would have lost a lot of talent without significant resources to replace them or already traded away prospects like Pena, Javier, and/or Garcia for rentals that likely wouldn't be Astros right now. Luhnow should get credit for building the team that is mostly out there, but Click shouldn't get blamed for keeping a great team mostly intact, adding some depth options, and trusting player development.

Jake Tower, dmoneybangbang and torque like this.
  12. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do have concerns with Framber, but they are, in my mind, the kind of concerns that only the best of teams have the right to hold on to. I think Verlander and McCullers (when healthy) are true aces. Having two of them already gives us a lot of cushion with guys like Framber, Luis, and Urquidy. My personal belief is that Framber Valdez has the highest potential of any pitcher in our organization beside JV and Lance, but aces dominate all year, every year, and Framber seems to dominate once every 3-4 starts. Not good enough to be a #1, As a #3, especially with his propensity so far in his career to rise to big moments, I am more than OK with. In my mind, a young #3 with filthy stuff and upside to be more is pretty much exactly what you want unless you just have a 5 aces rotation like the Astros did in 18 and 19.

I do wish Christian Javier would get a legit shot to stick in the rotation. I think he can be really, really good as a starter.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They have no data for Seattle games, but every game they have data...they say Houston has gotten the shaft.

14. Buck Turgidson

Worst in the league, and it's not even particularly close.

https://www.umpscorecards.com/teams/

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

16. conquistador#11

Valdez should have finished the game with only giving up one run but baseball happened. Got to win tonight, don't know how with Odo pitching =) throw some of that luck our way, baseball gods.

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Remarkably consistent.

Houstunna likes this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Say what you want about it being early, our record doesn't matter, or oh look, we start out this way every year...

Screw all that.

We are in 3rd place behind Seattle and the f#cking A's and I don't like it.

everyday eddie likes this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Then get into the ALCS anyways?

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Manfraud ordered the code red just like Silver putting Scott Foster on CP3 games